Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Beck Commits to UGA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Right, but Leak also has Timmy playing quite a bit. Leak probably never commits to Urban either. Franks at least can get you the short yardage runs needed to keep defenses honest especially in red zone. Leak had to come out in certain situations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill Sophomore

Feb 7, 2018
    I guess I wasn’t clear with my response to you.

What I was thinking is ... give DM another year like last season or better, and Jacksonville won’t be a problem (if it is). With continued success at Florida... they will get more instate recruits.

I was not even thinking about wanting DM fired. I love the guy.

I meant in one more year DM’s ability will be quite convincing.

I hope that’s clear now.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    Dan Mullen coached Alex Smith. AS rushed for over 600 yards on 135 runs (versus Franks rushing for 350 yards on 110 attempts this past year). If you don't want to run at all (Fromm) then I think you don't fit with Mullen (maybe if you have the accuracy and release of Brady). But it is not like you need to be an uber athlete to run this system - just "a willing runner" as Mullen says. It keeps defenses honest and opens up passing lanes.

I have no doubt UGA used this "difference" (they are pure pro versus pass pro) but I think the distinction is over rated. As to why the kid now choses to be gator bait, who knows. He may see the light. I still think Mullen is marching up hill with kids given fighting our last decade of offensive disfunction...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. g8rboy

g8rboy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    Helps that we had that defense

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    The kid may see the light and become Gator but in the mean time I guess Kirby is getting better and better at giving reach arounds.

6. devincdoss

devincdoss Recruit

Aug 9, 2017
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Do people want Beck because he could potentially make the offense better or because it would boost our recruiting ranking? I think it is important to remember that even though he does have a good arm and can run if necessary, this offense would be better predicated on a DT QB

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    A Murray type from Oklahoma would be best for our offense to truly tick. Beck can make all the throws And runs well, but could body take the pounding with prior injuries? I prefer AR, as has big upside potential.

8. G8tas

G8tas Senior

Sep 22, 2008
    I would love to have a Kyler Murray in our offense

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Legend

Sep 4, 2017
    His passing ability is what intrigues us. I'm sure if we load up at the RB spot and continuously improve along the OL, he wouldn't have been asked to run it a lot.

10. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Legend

Sep 4, 2017
    Uh oh.....

“I had obviously named Florida my leader,” he said. “I put that out there to say ‘hey, this is the team coming at me the hardest. This is the team where I can see myself at.’ But also, I kind of had two schools at the back of my head, one of them being Georgia, where, if I got that offer, I would pause for a second and say ‘OK, hold on a second, I’ve got to pause and take this in.’ I took a visit up there (to Athens) and it was absolutely awesome and everything I expected.”

11. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bulletin board material for next year. The less he talks the more I like him.

12. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Legend

Sep 4, 2017
    Right because tbh, if he wasn't trying ti screw with us, he could have reached out to UGA and let it be known he had interest in them. Instead, he went a different route

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    You might ask this question of Mullen, since he was the one who badly wanted Beck.

14. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007

Cough cough....

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Hmmm ... who could have guessed this?!?!?! ;)

I wonder who the other school is and if they're still on the radar.

16. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Legend

Oct 8, 2018
    Karma finds everyone.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. jpullen

jpullen Freshman

Apr 3, 2007
    Beck played us to get what he wanted. Good for him. CDM is building something wonderful at Florida and will get a solid QB recruit or two in the 2020 class. Perhaps Richardson will decide that IF is his choice, maybe someone else will have a breakout senior season and commit to the good guys. Beck will learn what it’s like to be Gator Bait the last week of October for 3-4 years. Gollum Gollum

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. spike718

spike718 GC Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    I don’t believe it. Like an offer to and being committed to Bama...who keeps beating Georgia for titles, wasn’t good enough for Georgia.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  19. tafc_5_1981

tafc_5_1981 GC Legend

Dec 15, 2013
    SC
    I think KS would tell a top recruit anything; Fields is an example. He is building his version of the next Bama. Yes, he has not shown to be a great game day coach, but he will just try and out talent the opposition.

20. I want to see the spread offense be as obsolete as the veer in 5 years.

It is destroying HS football and will wreak havoc on the NCAA and the NFL as well.

The pool of true passing talent is drying up across this game. Mullen better grab someone quick.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1