Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Beck Commits to UGA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Mar 3, 2019.

1. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Again....I only follow recruiting through this board during slow times and I know these kids are going to do more and more sensational acts for attention but seeing no mention of Georgia in his tweets makes me really hope we don't continue recruiting him. I know you have to have thick skin as a recruiter and fight till the end for these kids but I'd rather not on this one. I won't go so far as to wishing ill will on the kid but if he doesn't amount to much at uga I won't lose sleep over it. Kid absolutely played uf

• Like Like x 2
  2. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I don't know what he told our coaches and I have no idea if he ever silently committed to our coaches, so I won't accuse him of lying or misleading Mullen or the staff. And for all we know, he may have actually been ready to commit to UF and UGA just wowed him and changed his mind, but I kind of doubt that.

If he lied or misled, that may have been more to the media and maybe the UGA coaches in saying he was ready to commit to UF to force their hand. The fact that Beck never really let on that UGA was even in the hunt leads me to believe there was probably a lot of behind the scenes communication all along between Beck and UGA coaching staff.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, that is what I wanted to read again. Well, I cannot know if what is written is what the coaches believed. Maybe they knew better?

I doubt he shows on March 12 and if he does will staff take him seriously?

4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Yep, that sounds very douchy, and smells of old ref$u tactics - telling a kid to lead us on when he has every intention of going somewhere else. After the BS they pulled hiring Warren the same day Elam was visiting, I'm getting a pretty good idea that Kirby is a low-character guy. Glad he's theirs.

Regarding Beck directly, I've never understood why an obvious pro-style QB would seriously consider a Mullen-coached team. The closest Dan Mullen has ever come to a pro-style QB in the last 10 years is when he was doing the best he could with Chris Leak - worked out pretty damn well which is a credit to both of them, but Dan Mullen's offense has never looked like a fit for Beck.

So yeah, I too am led to believe he was just playing us all along. Hopefully Mullen and staff weren't fooled either. Man, I'm really coming up with some new reasons to hate Georgia again. It had been a while since that bush league field-stomping exhibition planned and executed by Helen Hunt - thanks Kirby for new motivation.

Go Gators

• Like Like x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  5. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    A peek into UGA's locker room reveals their winning strategy

[​IMG]

6. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    I mean even if he was "lying to Georgia" by tweeting his intentions of committing to Florida he is still lying to Florida in the process and in the end we are the only one to suffer any damage whether it be real or perception. Again, after the dalvin cooks and way before him the Georgia player that pulled the switch on signing day back when Spurrier was here I don't take these things personal. The whole thing is ridiculous. This kids method just struck me wrong for some reason though. I dunno

Edit: it was stroud

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. gatordee

gatordee GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2007
    orlando
    He probably threw Brantleys name in there. But whatever, I do not believe it was a big loss for us. He fits better in the UG system. He is already recruiting for UG so they can have him. He would have been transferring in year two. Still a possibility

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Eggy21

Eggy21 All American

Dec 8, 2010
    Westerly, RI
    Bingo. This has Kirby's greasy hands all over it.

Have the kid be all pro-UF to the media, so when you visit with him and he commits, it looks amazing for UGA and horrible for UF.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    Exactly it's a long time to signing day. Kids all have their senior year to play. He was uncommitted from Alabama for a month before he committed to Georgia. Our class will be fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    I dont know about Beck but I am the father of a 17 and an 18 year old boy. They profess love to girls and I dont bother to learn their girlfriends names. They are mercurial.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    TG has some blitz packages that will be dialed up when we see him in Jax, Gatorbait

12. jackchen

jackchen Freshman

Sep 8, 2018
    If Kirby continues to play a dirty game in recruiting against Gators, that would add more fuel to the rivalry game in Jacksonville. watch out competitive CDM more willing to beats him badly there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. elijah_blue7

elijah_blue7 Junior

Aug 20, 2018
    Yes. I agree. That's pretty much the point I was trying to make. Thx

14. elijah_blue7

elijah_blue7 Junior

Aug 20, 2018
    Lol. Sarcasm huh? I like it. But instead of spewing out blindfolded garbage, try asking for clarity because I dont mind giving it to ya GC poster

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill Junior

Feb 7, 2018
    Give DM one more year.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. allinwitad

allinwitad Recruit

Sep 24, 2014
    Im no expert, but imo this kid was not misleading or lying to our staff. Of the current offers we were probably leading by far. Once Georgia offered and he visited he committed. If he really wanted to screw over our coaches then he would have dragged it out another few months. Worst case scenario he leveraged his interest in Florida into getting Georgia to offer, and I can't hate the kid for that. It's not the end of the world and it doesn't really even affect our current momentum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. elijah_blue7

elijah_blue7 Junior

Aug 20, 2018
    I can't give DM squat. I didn't hire him dude. If I did, I surely wouldn't be thinking about firing him that's for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The point is that Mullen has won a Natty with a pro-style QB before and that QB was not Mullen's choice either... Chris Leak.

19. dkgator

dkgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    If you read the Moderators quotes on Dawg247 (yes I showered after being on that site), they admit that they cannot guarantee any information that they get directly because they know now how stealthy the Ga coaches operate. That so much work is being done behind the scenes (or behind closed doors, hmm), that it’s impossible to get any information beforehand when a surprise commit happens.
    This was all probably put in motion when Beck went up there last year for a game, and then visited Athens again without much fanfare.

20. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I still have to wonder about going for two QBs in this cycle... we're not getting two highly rated QBs to commit to us... not even Bama gets that to happen.

Saying we want two QBs in 2020 is going to be a problem for us...

• Agree Agree x 1