Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Beck Commits to UGA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Mar 3, 2019.

1. MelBeachGator

MelBeachGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You're right, bud. Dan Mullen sucks. He can't recruit. We're on the decline, we'll never be good again. Our recruiting sucks. Nothing can help us.

All because a couple of kids changed their mind 9 months from the early signing period.

2. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

People that get worked up this early in the recruiting cycle crack me up. So much will change between now and then. And with regard to Beck, while he is clearly a very talented player that would have been nice to land, we really don't need him given our QB depth at this point, imo. We will be just fine, even if Beck sticks with the mutts.

I also don't get the criticism of our 2018/2019 class. We had a great class that addressed critical needs.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Pull yourself together man....

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. G8RLegist

G8RLegist Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    Maybe it's time to take a real look at Tucker Gleason?

5. thomlch

thomlch Junior

Dec 17, 2018
    Doesn't fit the rhetoric.

6. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill All American

Feb 7, 2018
    You know... the sky isn’t really falling... it’s just changing colors.

And like someone previously said... we might even get some of those decommits back. Long way to go.

GO GATORS! Chomp CHOMP CHOMP!!! Mmmmm, that bulldog was good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    I'm glad you are fully committed to opinions, but maybe just back away from the keyboard for a few weeks to help get some perspective.

The de-commits of our two lowest rated recruits who saw themselves being recruited over and the loss of a QB who does not fit our system well does not make negative recruiting momentum. Would any of them be nice? Yes. Any of them crucial? Not in the least. It would not be a sure thing that either Richardson or Beck would ever see a snap at QB for Florida if they signed with Florida. It shouldn't be our aim to stockpile pro style QB to keep them away from Bama and Uga. Does it hurt that Lee wants to be a feature running back on a top team rather than be the backup to Bowman? Probably not since we have other highly rated pure RB targets that are looking at us.

Be assured Rome is not burning.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Legend

Apr 29, 2007
    Wow Denny says he thinks Carson is the best QB in the country. It won't be fun going against him the next 3-4 years.

9. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Beck first committed to the Gumps, then acted like he was going to commit to us, then commits to the mutts.

Given that he is visiting UF on March 12, I wouldn't rule out another change of heart.

10. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    Don't kid yourself, Jax area is full of puppies and nolies. Recruiting that area has been cyclic, there was a time when f$u had their pick of that area top talent for years

11. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs All American

Apr 9, 2007
    Great recruiters cannot lie. If you do the word gets out quick that you cannot be trusted and it completely neuters you as a recruiter.

Eason left because he lost his job to a younger player. Fields left because he couldn't beat out the same guy and didn't want to ride the bench. Eason never had much of a shot to get the job back because of how well Fromm played in 2017. Conversely, the staff tried as best they could to shoehorn Fields into the offense and give him opportunity after opportunity to take the job, but he just couldn't do it. At the end of the day you just have to tip your hat to Jake Fromm, who successfully ran off two different former 5* QBs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. thomlch

thomlch Junior

Dec 17, 2018
    No first he was commited to Sully. This is #3.

13. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    Pensacola
    I've been following recruiting for at least 16 years (2002), and Lesson's Learned have taught me that there is no reason to get worked up this early in the process. Didn't Griffs, Natl Rank: 614 WDE: 26 FL: 82 de-commit after Joseph Natl Rank: 541 WDE: 20 FL: 70 committed? This would be an upgrade, correct? Richardson de-committed after word got out that Beck was going to commit, and that would have been an upgrade. I would think the same can be said for Lee and Bowman.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF

slow your roll as the kids say.

You were the guy who anointed Beck as the next great one 18 months before his 1st game, which was silly to do...and now you know why.

Richardson decommitted bc of Beck

Your post was nearly a 100% complete panic meltdown. There’s many many months to go before signing day

Just chill and let the process work itself out

Presuming he shows up on campus, the gators are going to lose a quarterback. Who will it be

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    appreciate your love of the gators but you’re taking this way too personally.

I have read this page nearly every day for a decade. It was only two months ago that I decide to sign up...

People disagreeing with you comes with the territory.

I’m taking a wait-and-see approach in which commits decide to sign. Nothing else we can do

16. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    When ever an event happens people react differently

There are the we are doomed panic first types usually seen being slapped in movies to make them STfU

And the stoic type usually seen slapping the first guy

Reality will be what it will be and we don’t know if this is the way it will be

Yet

Things change and always will and we never know if the luck was good or bad yet

Signing day is too far away to think we are done

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. UF67ee

UF67ee GC Legend

Jul 9, 2007
    Coaching is more important than a 5* over a 3-4* any day.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    I appreciate your contribution here, but sometimes you have to be called out on your rose colored glasses for Uga. Fields left because the offense was not modified for him to compete. He was told he could compete year one and win the job. The OC did not put an offense on the field that could suit both QB, so there was no chance Fields would compete for anything but gadget plays. When he realized it, he walked away. Conversely Mullen has told his QB (Emory Jones) that QB will have a very hard time to start in their second year, much less their first year, and they need to push the starter. Georgia loses their QB; Florida keeps theirs. You can call what Kirby told Fields not a lie, but the players know what it is and vote with their feet.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    Maybe he was UGA the whole time and messing with Florida in hopes it would cause an issue with recruits...which it did. This was a ploy used by Bowden at FSU that burned us many times. We get all excited and put all this effort and resources into a kid that is playing us. Recruiting is a dirty business and our competitors are as dirty as they come.

20. nmd55

nmd55 GC Legend

May 24, 2007
    Gator bait.

Don't understand why he rushed his commitment why wouldnt he let the season play out and watch how Fromm is the same QB since his freshman season (probably worse now without Chaney) and how Felipe has grown into a first round draft pick.

After his comments about UGa being his dream school I dont want him anymore, bye!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1