Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Beck Commits to UGA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Mar 3, 2019.

1. bvgator789

bvgator789 All American

Nov 29, 2018
    Oh wow I had no idea that happened. Hopefully all will be well with him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs All American

Apr 9, 2007
    Yeah. Was a pretty scary ordeal for a situation that could have ultimately been fatal. Sounds like the surgery wasn't the most straight forward thing either.

He seems to be doing well and has been working out with the team, but getting cleared for contact is a completely different thing. Hopefully he can get there though.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  3. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Mandarins program has been down for a while, and with the opening of Atlantic Coast a few miles away, they can’t reload like they used to.
    They are about the 10th best program in Jacksonville right now
    Add that to the fact that they play 8A ball, and they may win just 3-4 games
    I think he is pretty good, but he is not having a good senior year. Caveat emptor @ugahairydawgs

4. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs All American

Apr 9, 2007
    His stats have definitely drawn the attention of everyone on this end. It's a sharp contrast from last year for sure, so you have to wonder which season is more indicative of the player that he actually is overall. If he's somewhere in the middle that's still a pretty good player, so we'll see what happens when he gets on campus.

Either way....no way we're putting all of our eggs in one basket and hoping it turns out for the best.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well they were not down last year. I saw them play a couple of times (vs Apopa and Wekiva) and they somehow managed to win the State Championship in Florida's largest classification. Certainly they lost a lot to graduation as has been pointed out

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. thegatorvault

thegatorvault Senior

Jan 11, 2015
    Have to say I don’t like seeing a thread about a Georgia recruit at the top of a forum about Gators recruiting. Die thread die!!:devil:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. nmd55

nmd55 GC Legend

May 24, 2007
    The name to watchout for here is Harrison Bailey out of Marietta (I believe teammates with Arik Gilbert another UGa target/lean). Most believe they were both heading to Knoxville, but will that still happen if UT finishes 3-9? If Bailey starts taking visits Beck better hope he hasnt burned that bridge at UF otherwise he is going to end up at Miami...

8. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Doubt Miami as they have Van Dyke coming in next year. It was Stanford as the other school besides UGA that he was waiting for interest/offer from.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. sqgator

sqgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    May he have another 20 interceptions for the rest of the season....

• Funny Funny x 4