Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SOC) Beata Olsson

Discussion in 'Alligator Alley (other sports)' started by BurkeGator, Mar 25, 2021.

1. BurkeGator

BurkeGator Sophomore

Aug 28, 2015
    Whoever becomes Florida's next coach his/her 1st order of business is to reach out to freshman Beata Olsson to convince her to stay in the program. Beata brings an offensive dynamism that has been sorely lacking in the program for the past several years. Becky's last 2 recruiting classes have brought several really talented players from which the new coach can build on assuming we can keep the majority of these players from transferring out.
    Olsson scoring spree secures 2-0 win over UNF - The Independent Florida Alligator

• Like Like x 2
  2. gatorbiz

gatorbiz VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    She’s special. I think much of the last few classes will want to stay together in Gainesville.

• Like Like x 1
  3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Haven't heard a thing regarding coaching search, which probably is a good thing. Assuming Stricklin is very active behind the scenes, hoping they can move quickly at the conclusion of the season and get things up and running.

• Like Like x 1
  4. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    think he wants to be respectful of Becky on the way out, deservedly. But like you said, I guarantee he has laid the groundwork for a search at minimum.

5. gatorbiz

gatorbiz VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Any word on new coaching staff? Been eerily quiet.

6. BurkeGator

BurkeGator Sophomore

Aug 28, 2015
    I have no inside information but the fact nothing has been announced lends me to believe it will be a coach whose team is still in the NCAA tournament. FWIW there is an individual in a women's college soccer forum I peruse who keeps dropping hints that sound like it will be Denise Schilte-Brown of USF. They play C. Conn St. tomorrow and with a victory play again Friday vs. Texas A&M. She is a very accomplished coach who certainly has elevated USF beyond UF the past couple of years by bringing in quite a few international players. We shall see. I certainly don't expect this to go on much beyond mid-May before an announcement is made.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    That's a move that would make a lot of sense

8. BurkeGator

BurkeGator Sophomore

Aug 28, 2015
    USF toyed with CCSU and wins 3-0 so off to the 2nd round vs TAMU. USF has made the tournament 6 of the past 7 years. I watched much of the match today and it was refreshing to see a team playing connected and advancing the ball with purpose. I am starting to warm to the idea assuming Schilte-Brown and her husband do in fact come to Gainesville.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. gatorbiz

gatorbiz VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I still struggle seeing USF coaches looking for change. Well respected and successful at that school. Hate to say this, but is it an upgrade for them?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. BurkeGator

BurkeGator Sophomore

Aug 28, 2015
    Having degrees from both UF & USF in my "unbiased" opinion yes it is an upgrade. They may enjoy the Tampa lifestyle but the fact you would be moving from AAC to SEC competition and become the beneficiary of higher salary at the state's Flagship University should be a major factor. UF is currently building a $6M soccer specific office, locker room and training facility for the team annexed to the Dizney stadium so the commitment from the administration is there. Schilte-Brown has proven she can get a program to the 2nd round but is USF really going to annually attract the talent to get much further? UF has proven it can if it has the right person at the helm.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. BurkeGator

BurkeGator Sophomore

Aug 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Speaking of next coach? Still nothing on the coaching front... seems like it's been more than enough time. Any rumors or speculation as to who are possible replacements?