Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Bathroom controversy

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ATLGATORFAN, Jun 5, 2023.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

It's a very difficult issue.
    Someone will be hurt and offended regardless of which way society goes forward.

The issue is that we are a society of norma and expectations. Its not to much to ask for the very small minority to be willing to not force the 99% into acceptance of every detail of their lives.

Equality in the realm of livelihood, government protection, housing etc. Are no brainers. Treating people with kindness even while disagreeing is a non starter.

But cracking open doors that allow anatomical men to play women's sports and use womens showers is a line that we as a society have long been against.

The furthest left among us will make outrageous claims that people who are against such things want to push people into shadows or make them cease to exist.
    Nope. We just think its stupid to allow them to take womens spots (that women worked very hard for) on the playing field and even more stupid to defend the idea of an anatomical man being allowed anywhere that women are changing or they may be changing themselves.

The equal treatment cries are hollow. Their is no equality in a world where women may be forced to be in that locker room with a male. That's backward. That isnt progress.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    This would be a problem in the "biology" standard too. Masculine looking cis women and trans men with muscles and beards are going to be harassed by bathroom Karens because they don't look the part, even though they were born with the 'right' equipment.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. tilly

@gator_lawyer, you clicked disagree from your island, so let me ask you bluntly.
    Do you think IF a male takes his junk out in front of women that I owe him the courtesy of being careful with his gender request?

They are still worthy of me caring about their feelings on the matter even though they obviously dont care about the feelings of the gender they are claiming to be?

4. tilly

And people are still going to speed even with speed limits so lets just get rid of those too.

That's not a good reason to allow something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    The reason you hate this issue is because it's an attempt to normalize and rationalize mental illness and in many cases, perversion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I clicked dislike because you continue to misgender the person here on the basis that she did something you can't confirm she actually did.

7. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Including federal judges. SMH.

8. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    So I guess, its not about the comfort and safety of all women then. If they are made uncomfortable by a 'woman' with muscles and a beard or one dressed in mens clothing that looks like a man, oh well. You arent any different then the people you criticize in that regard.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    What does it mean to "look like a man?"

Why do you associate "beards" and "muscles" with "looking like a man?"

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. tilly

I said IF.
    ...And you didnt answer the question.

11. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Why? That doesn't matter to you, its just about a penis for you.

12. tilly

They are so caught up in trying to look progressive that they haven't even really thought about what any of it means lol.

It's comical and they think anyone that doesnt see everything just as they do is evil.

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    1. You've misgendered her multiple times in this thread.
    2. The answer to the question is while I'd criticize that person for a lack of courtesy, I'd still employ the Golden Rule.

14. tilly

Can you confirm she hits the phone?
    Even the news reporter says "appears to". You never see her hand hit the phone.

Can you confirm the woman said any of the things that she is accused of?

No. Its a drama seeker doing what they do.

15. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Like I said, find any reporting from a credible source that Mangual exposed her genitals to Rivera. I was unable to locate any.

16. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    No, I’m not going to go that far. Yes, in some cases,probably many, there is a mental illness component. But I think we should treat such people with compassion, to the extent they aren’t destructive or violent. I don’t think perversion is a major component. Of the cases I’ve anecdotally known about it was never about that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tilly

Oh good!....The Golden Rule. Since those are the words of Jesus can I assume you will use his pov for all things in your life going forward or just the ones that you can commandeer to fit your case?

Might want to get familiar with Jesus words in Matthew 19:4-8

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. tilly

Did you watch the video? Suing for trauma? Good lord, we all have eyes and can make assumptions.

I never said she exposed her genitals. I said IF IF IF.

Heres an idea. If you have male genitalia, use a male shower.

19. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    You are saying "IF" to justify something you actually did. So if the person did that, you would feel justified to misgender her. But you actually did it without discovering IF she actually did the thing that allows you to morally justify that, according to you.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You intentionally misgendered her and then later said it is okay to misgender trans women who pull their penises out in women's locker rooms. Am I not supposed to connect the dots?

I didn't realize that a person had to be a Christian to believe you should treat others the way you'd like to be treated. I guess in Republican Jesus's world that must make sense.