Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball vs. LSU in Omaha, Tue 6/27, 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by Gatorgal04, Jun 27, 2017.

1. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    With Dyson on the mound for the Gators, what are the applicable baseball metaphors for the line of Dyson products and patents?

Vacuums, air dryers, blowers, bladeless fans, heaters? Cyclone technology? Cyclonic separation? Air multipliers? Airfoil ramps? Helmholtz resonator? Airflow entrainment?

Dyson slider provides cyclonic separation from the LSU bats!
    Dyson Fast ball creates an airfoil ramp that LSU batters just fan at!

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. SeniorLifter

SeniorLifter VIP Member

Jun 16, 2016
    That will never, ever get old!

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Why 8 o'clock? It's messing with my Karma on this. Why not 7 again? Love those 7pm starts. This game probably won't get over until 11:30.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    I am guessing Dyson for 5, Horvath for 1, Byrne for 3 would be Sully's hope.

My biggest question: If UF chases Poche like G-ville, surely Lange comes in. Surely. You can't save your horse for tomorrow if there is no tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Go
    Gators...
    Go

Gators...
    Go

Gators...
    Come on Gators

One more to go!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Gotta win this tonight. Get LSU in a hole early and keep the pressure on them. They're a good team but there's TWO good teams out there on that field, and the other one is the Gators.

I'm not so much worried about the pitching situation now anyway. Our pitchers, as a bullpen, are as good as any of their's comparatively. Tonight it not about absolute dominating pitching by UF (although if we do we win this game big), it's about hitting and putting the ball into play by our bats.

But if Dyson is hot tonight, LSU is in big trouble imo.

We have the one game cushion now, we have the momentum, we have the confidence, and tonight is the night that we can put this away. Every one of those LSU players are thinking as they step out on that field tonight "we have to win two in a row against these guys", and our's are thinking "we just got to win this game tonight".

One poster asked in the other game thread why is winning the first game so important? Because it's a huge psychological advantage and bullpen advantage to the Game 1 winner. Although LSU played hard last night, their coach was playing Game 1 hoping for a win but in a way, conceding it to us and looking more to game 2 and hopefully forcing a game 3.

Imo, you go all-out to win Game 1 and then use that extra game cushion to your advantage the best way you can.

This is it. We can smell that title. It's right there for the taking tonight. Just one more win and everything we played for this season pays off. Coach O'Sullivan needs to put the pedal to metal tonight and put LSU away. Focus, but have fun... and play with a no mercy killer instinct.

Go Gators!!!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Greg-
    Surely they will ride Hess til he's out of gas before they would go to Lange...

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    If you chase Poche in the 4th, there is almost no chance Hess can go almost 6. The idea is hope Hess holds the fort, the team takes the lead and then close with whoever you can find??

9. gatorcaiman

gatorcaiman GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Greg-
    I forget his name but the RHP that threw last night that lost the close role to Hess is used to short rest relief. I'd imagine he would be available. You know, the ugly blonde mullet...

11. g8rl8

g8rl8 Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    Chattanooga, TN
    This is a very intriguing set up imo. On one hand, you have a senior starter and the most wins in LSU baseball history, and on the other a Freshman making his first start in the CWS. The obvious bet here would be LSU, but what we've seen from Dyson lately in some very stressful situations has been enough to put some sneaky confidence in me.

Hopefully Dyson is hooked up to an IV of ice water.

• Like Like x 2
  12. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    We have to do better than 6 hits. Our top 4 batters have done little in this entire tournament. JJ is non existent and he's got to get going. We have 2 amazing pitchers, we've used one and F will be limited if it goes to 3. We once again have to find ways to generate runs and hopefully Dyson can replicate his performance against Wake Forest. It would not surprise me if the bats wake up tonight. Go Gators

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    GO GATORS!!!!! Would love to barrage their pitching staff. These guys can get hot altogether one time and rake!!!!! GO GATORS!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Looking at the weather forecast there is a chance for thunderstorms later tonight, like after 10 but continuing through Wednesday and Thursday.

15. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Have to take a patient, disciplined approach tonight. Poche lives outside of the strike zone and feasts on your aggressiveness. If you have a good eye and lay off the junk off the plate (and if you have a HP umpire calling a remotely fair zone), you can drive up his pitch count, which is crucial. Last thing we need is Poche going deep into the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. lifetimeg8r

lifetimeg8r All American

Jan 18, 2008
    Hunter Newman

17. sas1988

sas1988 All American

Nov 16, 2016
    Denver
    Will the rally cup make an encore appearance tonight? That was some funny chit last night.

Does Singer remind anyone else of Smoltzie? That slider is freakishly good, like Smoltz's was, or David Cone's.

Did Liput's 10 pitch AB remind anyone of old Brett Butler? Butler used to wear pitchers out by fouling off pitch after pitch after pitch, best I ever witnessed at using up opposing pitcher's pitch counts. Braves should've never traded him away in the 80's.

Does Tebow give a call from his dugout to the Gators dugout tonight? Could use some of his mojo on our hitters for sure.

Was anyone else distracted by the hot milf sitting @ the pitcher's 10pm with the sunglasses on, or was it just me?

How nice is it to just watch Rivera behind the plate? The guy is super smooth and clutch as hell with the bat.

Love this group of young men, coming together at the perfect time, completing a long and arduous journey with a championship. It will be remembered for a very long time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gatorcola

Gatorcola GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
  19. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Makes me want to run thru a brick wall for him..

20. iowagator

iowagator VIP Member

Jeff Head should be behind the plate unless they use a different rotation.