Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball vs. LSU in Omaha, Mon 6/26, 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by Gatorgal04, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Gatorcola

Gatorcola GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I agree about game 1 but game 2? Lsu will go with their programs all time leading wins for a pitcher vs UFs mid week starter/bullpen. No matter how well Dyson has been of late poche and lsu have the advantage game 2 if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Why it is of the utmost importance to win Game 1.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Haven't had two teams from the same conference in the CWS finals since 2011 when South Carolina and Florida faced off. Last time before that was 1997 when it was LSU vs. Bama.
    I'm looking for a trend here ....

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

I wasnt talking just about starters. I was comparing entire bullpens available.

6. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I have a hard time imagining that Lange will be watching from the dugout in Game 2 if we win Game 1.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

7. gatorcaiman

gatorcaiman GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I hope you are right. I hope we get to face him with only 3 days rest after throwing 115 pitches on Friday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I think I'm wrong, otherwise we'd see Poche starting, but Poche hasn't been as sharp against us as he has against others (remember Matty Ott; great against others, but FLORIDA dominated him; Poche doesn't stand out the same way, but he hasn't been very spectacular against us).

10 IP, 13 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 7 BB, 6 K, .310 opp. BA (2 appearances)

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    10IP in 8 years? That seems like a low level of innings pitched given Poche was pitching for LSU when Gordon Brown was PM in the UK...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Gatorcola

Gatorcola GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    Weather Channel now puts a 90% chance of thunderstorms Wednesday. If it goes three, this could be very interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Game Day Gators!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. KendallGator922

KendallGator922 GC Legend

Mar 27, 2015
    90% mainly in the day, not at night. It would take a lot for them to postpone a full day. Can you imagine the outraged LSU fans that have travel plans to go home on Thursday? We are dealing with Baton Rouge North and all you have to do is follow the money. Even if there was a hurricane pending, LSU will bitch about the game being postponed. Wait, that sounds familiar.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. KendallGator922

KendallGator922 GC Legend

Mar 27, 2015
    I agree about it being tough for Lange sitting game two if they are losing. Here is the plan for LSU:

They are pitching a guy that has not started in a long time game one. Not that they are trying to lose game one, but they know Singer is good and this is their mulligan. If we lose game one, it is most likely over. We need to use Dyson and Byrne if needed and game one is a must for the Gators.

Game two is Poche on 5 days rest, This is the game they feel they must win. We will be starting someone who has not started all year (Dyson or Byrne) and this is kind of our mulligan. If they get behind, they will most likely insert Lange as game two is their must win. My guess, however, is they will save Hess for game two innings.

Game three is Lange on 4 days rest. This is LSUs wild card. They are hoping the fact that they used Lange one more day earlier than Faedo that they have the advantage. We will start Kowar and hopefully find a way to get to the eighth and see if Faedo can do what he did versus Wake.

If LSU steals game one, they sweep. If Florida steals game two, we sweep. If each team holds court, it will be a great finale.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Well, with their clout, they'll get Omaha to subsidize their extended stay. With free corndogs thrown in and charters back to Baton Rouge.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. gatorbogey

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    This is it. Game 1. Feels like a game 6!

Heck, south Florida/ Miami radio is even reporting the Gators in the CWS national championship series. ( this is big for them to admit such a thing....or, they realize it is such a big achievement, even a hated rival should get a nod!)

• Like Like x 2
  16. gators2417

gators2417 Sophomore

Nov 14, 2014
    If it storms on Wednesday will we just move the game to Baton Rouge... for safety reasons???

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gulfgator

gulfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gulf of Mexico
    Not that it means anything, and you probably have to be a little nuts to wager on baseball, but LSU is favored tonight -145 to UF +115.

With this pitching matchup, I think UF would have some value, we'll see.

18. iowagator

iowagator VIP Member

I love being the underdog in this series! I think this team will respond well to all of the anointing of LSU before the first pitch is ever thrown!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. iowagator

iowagator VIP Member

Thunder and rain earlier this morning. Has stopped now. Skies are mostly white clouds with a bit of dark mixed in.

20. gatorbogey

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Given the injuries - What do you think the line up might be tonight? Hicks at short? Reese in RF? Nellie DH?

What would that batting order be?
    1. Liput
    2. India
    3. JJ
    4. Maldonado
    5. Hicks
    6. Rivera
    7. Langworthy
    8. Larson
    9. Reese