Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball vs. LSU in Omaha, Mon 6/26, 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by Gatorgal04, Jun 24, 2017.

1. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I'd expect dyson vs poche game 2. Kowar vs Lange game 3? I think our odds are best game 1, little less than even game 2, and not very good game 3.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Gators fans are always butt hurt about something

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    but we swing at that because of lack of patience and the macho to try and take it out of the yard

• Like Like x 1
  4. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    go radio

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    ?? Start on Wednesday ? Hell its too long as it is..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Watched the presser with both teams represented...thought it was pretty good.

Respect to LSU for making it this far.....heck...respect to BOTH programs!

May the best team win....and decide who really is the best in the conference this season!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ruralgator18

ruralgator18 Senior

Apr 21, 2007
    Mainieri confirmed Poché in game 2. Really sounds like LSU is trying to win in 3 with game 3 being Lange vs. Kowar.

Love our chances right now. Dyson or Byrne have the ability to win Game 2 against Poché. Poché is a seasoned pitcher but he doesn't have the type of stuff we usually struggle with.

Obviously if we can't win Game 1 with Singer going against the equivalent of an LSU Wednesday midweek game staff then we don't deserve it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I like us with Singer pitching if Dalton is OK. Singer has developed a nice sinking fastball and that works well with Guthrie and Liput vacuuming up most everything hit on the ground. If Guthrie is out or hobbled then our middle infield defense takes a big hit. If Guthrie is not his normal self would Sully change the way he calls Singer's pitches and have Singer try for more strikeouts? I think Singer could do that, but it would run his pitch count up faster and I would guess that he won't be able to go as deep into the game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Lurk-
    I see what you mean, but I really can't see Sully having Singer change his game plan approach to getting hitters out--You gotta set'em up to succeed, not set'em up to fail.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    He was actually pretty good today in the press conference. Saw a different side to him. Humble and respectful and thoughtful.

11. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Love the coverage.....watching the CWS press conference on the off-day. Remember the days when only the final game had tv....

Good turn out on the message boards too, build the gator baseball fan base!

This has been a fun/entertaining season. Lots of tense dramatic games, hinging on a single pitch, with the Gators winning. advancing to Omaha on guts and grit, surviving to the final four,...now having a chance at the title.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I don't think it looked bad at all post Guthrie last night. Not quite as crisp obviously, but no errrors or booted/bobbled balls. I certainly can't imagine it would change a pitchers approach. My defensive worry is the outfield.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    And hope that the umpire isn't giving a 2-mile wide strike zone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Singer = advantage Gators in gm 1. Poche should be adv lsu in game 2, but he has pitched a lot already and gators beat him earlier In the year. Need to be patient and hope umps don't give him the outside junk for strikes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    I can see that. Good point.

I had nothing better to do today than to overthink tomorrow's game and to plan tomorrow's menu.

Except for spending four hours moving just about equal parts of things into my new office and the dumpster. And also generating two large boxes of papers that have to be shredded: student records, old exams, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  16. iowagator

iowagator VIP Member

That game was immensely fun! I absolutely loved beating Nebraska in Nebraska!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    I thought that we missed a double play that we would have normally gotten.

It doesn't sound like much, but little things like that often spell the difference between winning and losing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    We've beaten these guys in the regular season 2 out of 3, we have a very good pitching advantge in Game 1 and a pretty decent advantage in Game 2.

This is an LSU team we face every season, sometimes in the SECT too, we know these guys, we recruit against them and play against them and coach against every year.

I honestly believe we should beat LSU in two games.

• Like Like x 3
  19. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Maybe. Like I said, not as crisp, but far from disastrous. Most starting infields have an error here and there. They had none.

20. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    First we need to fire the coin flip guy unless it is Sully. Could Finn do it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1