Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball vs. Dallas Baptist, Fri May 31, 8:00 pm ET

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, May 27, 2019.

1. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    While I don't really believe in superstitions I do not do things against them just in case. Like I would never step on the chalk walking to the mound. I don't really believe the superstitions, but I honor them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ever notice how nobody ever talks about it when a pitcher or even a team has a good NTA streak going?

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

3. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    I do believe in superstitions for players. Your mental health/confidence is such a big deal in many sports, if wearing the same ring every day after rubbing it on your cleats puts you in the right state of mind, so be it. Don’t touch the chalk if you have any issues with it.

But superstitions as a spectator?

4. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    For the 2006 and 2007 basketball post seasons I drank Crystal Lite lemonade from a sequence of Curious George glasses for rounds one through six and it worked.

With the new first round the magic is gone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. mjbuf05

mjbuf05 Premium Member

Jan 11, 2012
    They were pretty damn good. Better than any of our freshman this year. I believe they were all weekend starters at some point their freshman year but I could be wrong. But you could see they all had really good stuff. I think lefty and mace can be real good, but they don’t have the dominant stuff those three had. Hopefully some of the freshman can take that step.