Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball at Ole Miss, Sat 4/6, Restart at 8:15 pm

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, Apr 6, 2019.

1. gatoralumni99

gatoralumni99 VIP Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Pitching struggled and bats went cold later in this game - this years team is overrated - no grit! Long season

2. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If they can win against whatever chump midweek team we face this week, all is forgiven. Remember, it's all about the midweek games.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    It is this week.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Even in preseason, I didn't expect to win this series but damn. Blowing a 8 run lead and getting swept? Back to ground zero or whatever. Guess an injured leftwich was huge.

Need to take their frustration out on the noles and Gamecocks next week

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

We swept Bama, Bama took 2 of 3 from USCe—

Conclusion—Anybody’s guess.....

6. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I still think this team will be dangerous by year's end. Getting punched in the mouth a few times tells you a lot about where you are and where you need to be. Let's see how we respond...as there is still time for a response. If I'm wrong, oh well, throw a dud in every now and again, Sully will build 'em back up if we get that other poster's blessing...or without it, either way.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Uf_1993

Uf_1993 Freshman

Jan 14, 2013
    8 runs through 4 then only 2 in last 5. It looked like the Offense thought 8 was enough and started coasting. They need to be trying to put up as many runs as they can.

8. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    Hopefully a fire will be lit. Trying to make the Saturday game against USC.
    GO GATORS!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. gatoralumni99

gatoralumni99 VIP Member

Apr 6, 2019
    0-6 on the road in the SEC and being out scored 74-24. Started off as a top 10 team - lots of work to do both offensively and defensively

10. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

1993—

On a game that is measured by your failures the one thing that we need in every aspect of the game is consistency—

11. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Personally, was really disgusteed this weekend.

Over FORTY FRIGGIN runs allowed... in one weekend.

No, sorry, thats BS. Probably the most embarassing series loss I can recall in a long long time.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Thing to do as fans is rally even more earnestly, around the team and program...and Sully!

Back in ‘79, during that dismal football season, we partied in the stands just as ardently...our frat did drunken human pyramids in the stands. Passed up co-Ed’s. Danced to go bananas.

When the going gets tough....:
    This weekend, I wanna to see section E pyramids , @WESGATORS in a banana suit dancing on the dugout...@gatorgal crowd surfing while still messaging pbp!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

I hear ya. But the elephant in the room is at Short. Love to see Brady move over to 3rd. Just a better fit I think . It’s a quick reaction position rather than a reader of hops and angles. Just my thoughts, last time any of u guys checked Wingtee doesn’t make out lineups

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

What can we do roster wise to make things better?

15. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    Can't take his bat out of the lineup, but he definitely needs to shore things up defensively. He looks like he's showboating to me, which you would think Sully would have zero tolerance for, especially when he bungles the play.

16. spikesnlaces

spikesnlaces Freshman

Feb 10, 2017
    I said last year that Weitzel was frustrated due to BM’s unwillingness to do things fundamentally. He has been stubborn that way. Brad is old school and will try until pupil shows/tells him he’s doing it his own way. Sully plays him at SS regardless because of promises during recruitment ( which happens all the time) and no obvious upgrade at this point. We all look at B Smith as a poor defender now because of catching woes . I have said this repeatedly he is not a catcher and only did so due to direction of Sully to fill post JJ/Rivera/Kolo void. He honestly is a better SS than BM but we will never see that now . Sully has been unusually tolerant and seemingly willing to allow defense to develop when it looks obvious to most that the players ( BS, BM and Young ) are out of position . Bottom line the cupboard was more bare than he saw for this season and it is what it is . Offense is better than expected but just goes to repeat what we all know - Pitching and Defense wins Championships! We all had front row seats to teams that fit that description remarkably well and enjoyed the ride .

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

Spot on points—good post @spikesnlaces—

It has been my experience in the game however that once the “recruit” enrolls in school and becomes another student/athlete the recruiting gloves “come off” and the work begins—

I agree, it’s been kinda strange to see the tolerance for unwillingness to conform to sound fundamentals—truth is that’s being polite, it shows what can become a cancer in any dugout—if a player is or seems to be uncoachable that can cast a long shadow—any team, especially a young team, does not need that as a hurdle—being young there are already enough hurdles while trying to be successful—

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Oh Lord...I would advise you never to venture over to the Too Hot forum then...way too much liberalism and President hating for me...

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Welcome to the pansied PC culture unfortunately....a small group of people cry offensive to something and get their way

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I held my nose and did as a lesser of two evils. The bigger evil won.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1