Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball at Ole Miss, Fri 4/5, 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, Apr 2, 2019.

1. GatorKP

GatorKP All American

Jul 30, 2011
    We're young so I understand the losses. That's gonna happen. But I am surprised that we're not even competitive in our defeats. That's our 5th SEC loss already by 5 runs or more. We're getting blown out way to often in conference games. I hope we can rebound tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. KendallGator922

KendallGator922 GC Legend

Mar 27, 2015
    Obviously. Just stating our deficit at C is going to continue to haunt us.

3. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You mean .500 in conference play? It's be pretty hard to finish under .500 at this point, even if we tried to. Can this season be the inverse of 2014? We won the SEC and then promptly went 0-2 at home. I feel like we have a lot of potential in our tank. I'm not even ready to concede the series to the Bears. I just feel like if we can hang in there, we can be one of those teams that gets on a run late. At a minimum, we can be the team that nobody wants to play...and that we have nothing to lose.

Here's another interesting thought. Is it possible that NO FL team hosts this year? Who do you see as the most likely at this point?

FWIW, Miami edged out a 1-0 win over SWAC tonight. Sorry, that was 11-0. Both teams are now 6-7 in the ACC, perhaps an elimination series from the perspective of possible FL hosts.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    Win the twinbill tomorrow..... Hit, hit, hit, top to bottom.
    GO GATORS!!!!

5. gtrsldrs

gtrsldrs Freshman

Oct 22, 2018
    Sully doesn't turn out first rounders. He recruits them. There ain't a kid on that team that would come to Florida if they had a do over. Sorry boys. Florida recruits itself. You need a coach that can develop the Florida talent.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. gtrsldrs

gtrsldrs Freshman

Oct 22, 2018
    Think about who has been better after their first year? Dalton, Dyson, Butler, Lang, Smith?? Really big pattern there. Zero player development!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. gtrsldrs

gtrsldrs Freshman

Oct 22, 2018
    Think about it for a second. JJ? Kids best run are before coaches f them up!!

8. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Alex Faedo, Jackson Kowar, Michael FTB, and Brady Singer respectfully disagree. I'd say at some point you need to offer something up that counts as meat and potatoes. Langworthy was a .238 hitter in 2017; he hit .290 last season and coach has shown no indication of giving up on him this year. Not every player makes the great strides forward, yet, we have a team that has consistently made Omaha more than any other team in recent history. Who is your team, Miami? SWAC? Don't be a chicken, show your real colors? No GATOR fan is ashamed at what these baseball teams have been able to accomplish.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  9. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    I fully support free speech even if what is said is crazy. THIS is pure crazy in my mind.

Kevin O’Sullivan made Jonathan India a fortune last year (obviously Jonathan had a lot to do with it himself). Brady Singer spent 3 years in college and earned a nice 3M extra. Pretty good return on his time in college. Faedo, exact same thing. Jackson Kowar, more than 1M. Brian Johnson. Dane Dunning. Logan Shore. Mike Zunino. Buddy Reed. AJ Puk. Shall we continue???

If you look at draft position pre UF and post UF, Sully has made a bunch of kids a ton of money.

Oh, he has also been to Omaha more times in 9 years (7) than UF had in 80 years of baseball before him (5). He has never missed the NCAA tourney. UF was a hot or cold team every year prior to his arrival. He has won an NC. Currently tied for the most of any active coach in all of college baseball.

Honestly, feel free to write and think whatever you want. No worries but I disagree as much as humanly possible with this sentiment.

The few Vandy fans that think Corbyn should go because he only has 1 NC are insane in my opinion and anyone who doesn’t appreciate Sully and everything he has brought to this baseball program is on similar footing.

I am still not sold on the roles of Brad Weitzel and Craig Bell, largely because no one really knows who covers what, but Sully has earned near infinite trust at this point in my mind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. gtrsldrs

gtrsldrs Freshman

Oct 22, 2018

I'm not ashamed of anything. Just closer to reality than you. Great players can develop on their own. Kids come to Florida because they dream of being Gators. You have to admit a lot of freshmen superstars trail off after coaches F with them. Gave you a long laundry list. There isn't a batting coach. There isn't a pitching coach. And that head coach was a catcher and that's the biggest weakness on the team. Just a joke with development. Players figure out how to deal with being cussed out every day with zero coaching point or they don't and leave. If Sully could coach the talent he recruits he'd have a handful of rings.

11. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    I see the infection from the basketball Forums - where some make the myopic claim that mike white can’t develop players - has made its way over to the baseball forums.

A down year in performance does that, I guess!

We have some spoiled fans, for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. gatorbogey

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Have to second this ^^^

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. gatorbogey

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  14. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Yes Conference play. Come on WES.

15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    I agree but J Y. ?

16. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    And probably have to get in line

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Might be a year that nobody hosts , that’s possible. What is UCF doing I really don’t know .?. or care

18. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    KG—

My question that begs to be ask is then just how bad are our other catchers?

19. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Wing—

What they always do—Self Proclaim—

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. GatorStu1

GatorStu1 Senior

May 9, 2015
    paid;

No offense, but you and @Matherly87 might want to ease up a bit on Brady. Is he a good catcher, no............ but ya'll comments blaming him for EVERYTHING on a day when Tommy obviously did not have his best stuff and was getting crushed is not his fault. Also Brady hit a home run tonight.
    I know neither of you guys (and others) don't like him behind the plate, but to blame him the way you are doing tonight is wrong IMO. I mean you guys are blaming him for Jordan Butler not being able to close out innings........ Are you kidding me?????????
    Next thing you know, one of you is going to post the Brady was on the "grassy knoll" when JFK visited Dallas.

Gator fans blasting ONE Gator player over, and over again because they are frustrated about how the game is going is WRONG!!!!!!!!! Rant over.