Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball at Miami, Sat 2/22, 7:00 pm added UF/UM & Alligator recaps :)

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, Feb 21, 2020.

1. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    I think that move must be made today ! AL “right now “is not ready to compete. He will in time but not today.. with that being said when they leave him in the line up and goes 3-5 with a HR and 3 rbi I can say I told u so

2. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Hmmm, not sure about this as neither are hitting much. With series won playing with house money so may give Lang another game as right now he’s just missing fastballs. His track record Will make it hard for Sully to pull him out of the lineup. Clutch kid that will come around.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You could lump Cailao, Armstrong, Cal, Lang, Acton together in a similar hitting bucket.......3/13, 5/19, 5/19, 7/30, 6/24. Sully has mentioned some guys missing signs, wonder if KC has gotten the pine for that (pretty sure Acton has been one of the culprits there too)?

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. gatorcaiman

gatorcaiman GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Specht should DH today. Big hit last night.

in high school.......

• At the plate in 2018, hit .403 in 26 games with 19 RBI and five home runs
    • As a junior, had a 1.83 ERA in 65 inning with 111 strikeouts to just 18 walks; also hit .356 over 31 games with 28 RBI and 14 doubles

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    Honestly, it was a very nice hit. He had an inside-out swing taking the ball to RF. Hit it square. A really nice approach. Looked good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom

• Like Like x 2
  7. Matherly87

Matherly87 VIP Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Specht-n Zie Deutsch!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. reaves2alvarez

reaves2alvarez All American

Nov 29, 2016
    I think we are only 4-5 games behind FSU and Miami in the all-time series now. Sully has completely turned this around and I expect we catch and pass both in the next 3-5 years.

“Wes Chandler was Percy Harvin before Percy Harvin was born.”

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Swamp_of_Gators

Swamp_of_Gators GC Hall of Fame

Without a doubt. Kirby turned his head seemingly randomly and started jawing. immediately. Who does that unless they're responding to someone else?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BSBLGATOR

BSBLGATOR VIP Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Honestly I have no problem with Kirby barking.....even if he was the one who started it!!! I do not think he was but it does not matter to me. We have the talent to be really good this year and sometimes you need to play with an edge. I liked everything about the weekend including this and Cory throwing down the "U". IT is what rivalries are all about. It is what fuels the fire!

I really liked the grit of the team the last 4 games. 3 were extra innings and we never quit. We did it with different lineups and different guys carrying the load. All the making of a great "team". It appears these guys enjoying playing the games and share in each other's successes!

I have no idea what the rest of the year will hold but I am more optimistic that last year was simply a down year. Looks like this roster is back to be great Gator teammates! That is when you build success!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2