Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball at KY, Sat 5/8, 2:00 pm

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, May 7, 2021.

1. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    Is that anywhere near this "Ocala" place I keep hearing about?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Seminole Wind - his finest despite that word in the title

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Not Ocala?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Know what ya mean lol

5. Lives just down the road from me.
    But so does several other country celebs. I'm blessed to live in Franklin (Williamson county), TN.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  6. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

:cool::cool::cool:

7. UF67ee

UF67ee GC Legend

Jul 9, 2007
    On a side note, look at that packed house in Arkansas. Luv their Hogs.

8. Agreed. We're thinking of going to our series. Still outfield tickets available. Cheap flights from Nashville. Both very early though. My wife has yet to get her annual photo with her favorite Gator.

9. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I hear they produce some pretty good baseball players these days around Ocala. Least that's the rumor going around. North Marion, Vanguard High, and Trinity Catholic all advanced in the playoffs this week so look for one or more to show up at the Final Four soon. Jud's little but bigger brother Deric hit two homers in a game a week ago and NMHS just won 11-1 on Friday night so all wheels are moving in the right direction with that team.

• Like Like x 3
  10. UF67ee

UF67ee GC Legend

Jul 9, 2007
    Went out to Fayetteville for a football game years ago. Fun time there and Branson. Ga 3 Arkansas 3 6 in

11. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

I have been trying to convince my wife to go. We would love to go to Arkansas for a series. We have been to Alex Box a few times. We have been to Swazey Field twice. We have been to Dudy Noble once. Never Baum. Supposed to be incredible and if UF plays well vs UGA, it could be for top 8 seeding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I heard that also. That could be big for this team going R-L-R. It also sets Barco up in the two spot for regionals and supers which could keep us on the winners side of the bracket or help us win a must win game if needed.
    I was going to ask for everyone's opinion who they would want for next weekend. But since Sully already shared his the point seems mute now. My thoughts would have been Mace/Barco/Aleman as well to give Tommy the privilege of starting game 1 again in our last regular season home series but also rewarding Barco with the second day start. I'm very glad Sully put his opinion out there and should help set this team's focus for the Georgia series.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I agree to most all of this but its important to remember Calilao is batting .318 verses RHP and .182 verses LHP. Thompson is just about the opposite of that. So clearly Calilao should start against RHP and Thompson should start against LHP. Sully doesn't usually change out his lineup by pitcher though but more by who is a hot hitter or more deserving. I'm fine if Calilao gets more starts because of his defense but I'd like to see more situational changes late in games between these two depending on the pitcher changes. Obviously Calilao has the ability to pinch hit that many players do not.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Good points but I’d bet KC hasn’t had many AB’s against lefties. Just wondering what the sample size is.

15. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    All I can go on are 66 at bats which is his total at bats. I agree that we see fewer LHP so it certainly is smaller but he probably has 20 ABs against LHP. I have watched these two for several months against each arms and Calilao doesn't seem to be as aggressive against a lefty. Both his HRs were against RHP (FSU walk off and last night). Thompson is similar with LHP and just seems to have a better knack at hitting against them.