Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball at FSU, Tue 3/21, 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, Mar 20, 2023.

1. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Beating fsu in anything is great!
    Always great to be a Florida Gator!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

Ahhh—shades of “11”….once you’ve put your mark on a program it never goes away….

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. gator1977

gator1977 GC Legend

Apr 15, 2019
    Outstanding come-from-behind-win at Tally. One could not script it better. Cags back to being the Man after his poor Bama series although surprised by some of the picks he usually makes at first that were not made in the game.
    Very encouraging to see Abner getting it done as I thought he would back in the Fall scrimmages of '21. He seems to have figured it out and the mechanics and confidence issues of his freshman year seem to be behind him! He can be a major middle relief contributor if he can deliver as he did last night in hostile environments. And, I'll stop ragging on Sully for not playing Prevesk as it appears he has some lower extremity issues as Talbot- (yeah TT!) had to run for him after Prevesk's key clutch hit in our bust-it-open 8th inning. Simply a great win with lots of contributors.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    The Hole baseball program still beats its head against the wall about the fact that we have a NC and they don’t. All they talk about is winning a NC and they are obsessed with a former Hole doing it: LONR, Meat, Link Jarrett.

The best part is when that former Hole falls short of the NC and the masses keep obsessing.

Sully will win a second one soon and no former Hole will win one at the SWAC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MatsideObserver

MatsideObserver GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2008
    [QUOTE="gator1977, post: 14974637, member: 29722" And, I'll stop ragging on Sully for not playing Prevesk as it appears he has some lower extremity issues as Talbot- (yeah TT!) had to run for him after Prevesk's key clutch hit in our bust-it-open 8th inning. Simply a great win with lots of contributors.[/QUOTE]

Is that factual or are you making you an assumption? He played right field a little against Alabama.

6. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    By the way, we only trail the Holes 131-125 in the all-time series.

We sent LONR packing with a losing record.

We will overtake this lead and put some distance for good. In Sully we trust!

• Like Like x 1
  7. always_and_forever_uf

always_and_forever_uf GC Legend

Jun 20, 2022
  8. gator1977

gator1977 GC Legend

Apr 15, 2019
    Is that factual or are you making you an assumption? He played right field a little against Alabama.[/QUOTE]

It's an asumption on my part. Prevesk has good speed (6.67 in the 60), an accurate arm and pretty good range in the OF; plus in my view he is among the top contact hitters on the team with a short compact swing.
    I am trying to give Sully the benefit of the doubt for why Prevesk is not playing on a regular basis (especially with Langford out) and why Talbot came in to run for him and play the field last night.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gator1977

gator1977 GC Legend

Apr 15, 2019
    87, in my view, Prevesk is among the best contact hitters on the team. Short compact swing and goes the other way if pitched that way, better than average speed- solid outfielder with an accurate arm and good size kid. I only saw quality at bats from him in the scrimmages I attended. And a LH bat for good measure. It's a mystery why he is not getting more playing time, especially with Langford out- we've seen Schiekofer, Fabian and Thomas in LF but not Prevesk- I can only assume it's an injury of some sort.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If Colby can stay north of 275, move runners, keep a solid OB%, and maintain solid D he is what we need on 3B

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. MatsideObserver

Apr 24, 2008
    It's an asumption on my part. Prevesk has good speed (6.67 in the 60), an accurate arm and pretty good range in the OF; plus in my view he is among the top contact hitters on the team with a short compact swing.
    I am trying to give Sully the benefit of the doubt for why Prevesk is not playing on a regular basis (especially with Langford out) and why Talbot came in to run for him and play the field last night.[/QUOTE]

He seems very athletic to me but those times on perfect game are like 4 years old when some of these kids were 40 pounds lighter lol. I would certainly think he runs as well as Talbot if not better and he was putting on his oven mitt when they pulled him. I am with you - it is puzzling what they are doing with him - seems he could be a big contributor.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    My "who da thunk" it comment was tongue and cheek and kind of a homage to you for always sticking by Prevesk for so long. Good job speaking your mind about what you see at practices. Abner is another one. Although I'm starting to wonder about Fisher who hasn't got an out in his last two appearances. Hopefully Fisher is just off a little and will start to dominate again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

Just my observations here on Fisher—but currently everything about the game is completely overwhelming him—they’ve got to get perfect out of his head and figured out how to get him back into his competitive game mode.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. diamondguy

diamondguy Sophomore

Feb 20, 2023

Unfortunately we may not find out how good he is until next year and I fear he will be in an opposing dugout.

15. gator1977

gator1977 GC Legend

Apr 15, 2019
    No worries 87, I know it was a tongue-in-cheek and it gave me an opening to opine on Prevesk-- I took my cue buddy!

• Like Like x 2
  16. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Colby Halter started the season 0-10. After that he is batting .350. May want to move that lefty up the batting order.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gator1977

gator1977 GC Legend

Apr 15, 2019
    Sorry to say, I am beginging to think that about Prevesk and a couple other quality players who are riding the pine. I said at the start of the season that Sully would have a challenge with the depth of talent on the team to keep solid ballplayers sharp and engaged with adequate reps and playing time- I think he is falling short on that goal with a few guys -- and many of you can probably guess their names.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He seems very athletic to me but those times on perfect game are like 4 years old when some of these kids were 40 pounds lighter lol. I would certainly think he runs as well as Talbot if not better and he was putting on his oven mitt when they pulled him. I am with you - it is puzzling what they are doing with him - seems he could be a big contributor.[/QUOTE]

A 6.67 60 yard dash?

19. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I was up early yesterday as we have an almost 5 month old mini Aussie puppy and at that age and size they often cannot make it through the night.

Then had to finish some wooden window screens to give to the house painters.

Then did a lot of cooking for two kinds of tacos with freshly made pickled red onion and pico de gallo.

So of course I fell asleep with the Gators down 5 to 2.

My wife said that she and my MIL tried to wake me up in the top of the eighth inning with no luck.

Watched a replay today with a lot of fast forward.

Loved the result and the never say die attitude but we really need to tighten up our defense. Gave away too many runs.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. MatsideObserver

Apr 24, 2008
    I feel like I just read an entry in @GatorLurker 's diary.

• Funny Funny x 7