Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball at Arkansas, Sat 5/22, 3:00 pm Eastern

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, May 22, 2021.

1. Marvel_Comics

Marvel_Comics Sophomore

Apr 17, 2007
    Did any true freshman pitchers show us anything this year? I just don't recall anyone not getting shelled...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ditto that!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Legend

Jun 30, 2018
    We have Top 5 recruiting classes virtually every year in baseball. This group simply has not played up to their abilities. Have the #1 rated class for this summer. No doubt we'll lose a couple to the MBL draft, but will still be a Top 3 class when all the dust settles. It's mystifying why this group of guys just hasn't got the job done.

4. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Carrion is the only one that comes to mind and haven't seen him in a long time. Not a starter anyway .

5. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    In no way is this intended as any kind of excuse, I mean it as just my opinion. I feel like this group coupled with COVID and last season’s stoppage at 17 games that the group basically is going on two years without gaining that valued experience and maturity that comes with “playing at the next level”.

Desire—I’m talking about what’s inside that drives each player. It should be the strongest fire in every one of these guys. I see too many guys just going through the motions.

If that strong desire is there then regardless of their skills or position you would be seeing players in every inning of every game playing with the fire that you see when you watch JY play the game.

I see a lot of guys playing because they are there. I would much rather see the lot playing the game like they love it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  6. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Think we all saw this coming. We played them Close just once in the series, otherwise they whipped us. They were just too good for us.

7. KendallGator922

KendallGator922 GC Hall of Fame

Mar 27, 2015
    This Kopps kid reminds me a lot of Byrne. Crafty pitcher with stuff that doesn't blow you away, but masters control and pitch selection to get the outs. Also can pitch multiple innings with little rest. You see how far we got with Byrne which makes Arkansas dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 1