Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball at Arkansas, Fri 5/21, 9:45 pm Eastern

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, May 20, 2021.

1. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Barco is pitching as well as anyone. He is easily their number 2 starter. Not even a debate. Their number 2’s mom would agree. You are just choosing to see the negative there.

After Barco, Mace would be their 3. JL and Scott both make the top 4-5 bullpen arms.

Now the position players... Their lineup is better. Can’t say otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. gatorinmi

gatorinmi GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    All weekend these guys have been swinging at balls and watching strikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Legend

Jun 30, 2018
    Christian Scott was great the first 2/3 of the season, but has given up 7 home runs in the last 12 innings he's pitched and his ERA had doubled from what it was most of the year. From what I've seen, Arkansas has more and better quality arms than Florida. Leftwich has been a huge disappointment this year. He and Mace came into the season as 3rd year weekend starters. Mace has been OK, but not what you would expect from a supposed ace - 4.48 ERA, 80 hits in 80 innings and a .252 batting average against. Barco has been consistently good all year and has clearly been our only truly reliable starter. Except for him, I would take at least 4 Arkansas pitchers over anyone else on our staff - Kopps, Wicklander, Monke and Pallette. And their hitters just battle at the plate and wear the opposing pitchers down. Our guys, for the most part, don't look like they have a clue at the plate most of the time - take strikes over the heart of the plate, wave at balls out of the zone and take too many called 3rd strikes on borderline pitches instead of fighting them off. Just horrible approaches at the plate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Damn, a shot at this staff? But Todd freakin Grantham is beyond reproach with you? Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  5. biloxiben

biloxiben Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

6. biloxiben

biloxiben Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If Arkansas wants to play hungover guys, they should put me in the lineup. Instead of a bat, I would take a beer in each hand to the plate and would probably be walked at every at bat. No problem, I would easily be picked off of first base each time!
    And defense? If the the Gators hit it to me, it would be one of those infamous little league inside the park home runs on errors.
    We got this. Put your money on the Gators today.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    For starters, Barco would easily start for them as they have 1 very good starter, that's it. Probably a few other guys also. They are clearly better, but let's not get carried away. If this series is in Gville it would be tied imo. This team is just a frustratingly bad road team for some reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    I once saw a travel team coach send a hitter to the plate without a bat, he was so mad at him for looking at strikes. Ump didn't know what to do and neither did the pitcher. Kid walked.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

2x—

You do realize that’s @wingtee, right?:devil:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Yep, Jack’s fastball was very lively and as well as he was spotting it he needed to stay fastball away to lefties

11. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Probably a few others ??? Lol , give me the list !

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Off topic numbnuts

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

You’re opinion but disagree vehemently on our pitching vs theirs

14. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Did you off topic all the other posts talking about the basketball and football teams in the baseball forum?

Na, just the one that hit home.

• Like Like x 1
  15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Dude .. naw I’m not going there with you . I guess your baseball acumen is far superior than mine . I forgot to ask you what organization did you play for ?

16. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Ur the best Horns , ... lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Think again and have another beer.

18. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Lol, lighten up Francis. I'm not one of the guys constantly attacking Grantham, just find it a bit hypocrytical you vehemently defend him, but take shots at the baseball staff. Baseball team will likely still be hosting a regional, while Mr Grantham coached arguably the worst defense in UF history.

Obviously that struck a nerve, cause I didn't see you calling anyone else names or rating off topics for others who brought comparisons to basketball and football. You actually contributed to those off topic conversations.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Last night was hard to take, but things have been going Arky's way all season and they are really good.

Being awesome and being lucky is what makes a team an NC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Strong response !

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1