Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Barr’s days numbered?

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Trickster, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Florida
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    About damn time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Sounds like Trump was just given a list of 1,100 people to fire.

4. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Until his supporters start to care about basic decency, following the rule of law, or holding his His highness accountable in any meaningful way, this will just be another offense that would have ended presidencies prior to Trump, that will fall on the ever growing ash heap of our democracy.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 7
  5. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Just 1,100 more members of the deep state.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Redundant.

7. obgator

obgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    All 1,100 were Hillary plants.

8. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I would say you were losing your democracy here wouldn’t you?
    A Full List of Hillary Clinton's Crimes - America First with Sebastian Gorka

Listen to Mr. We need more uneducated non tax paying illegal immigrants so I can have cheap vegetables. I wish we could all get away with as much, paying as little as your preferred group of “immigrants”. But that wouldn’t exactly be good for tax revenue now would it?

You people are happy to give away your country as long as it’s on your terms, your way, by whomever you ordained.

By the time Mitch and Don are finished installing constitutional judges your party’s anti US movement will be set back 30 years. Maybe there is a god.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    you show me where I ever supported Hillary and then maybe this post is worth discussing. Again, for about the 600th time here, I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016, and in 2012 for that matter. It’s amazing to me that people still try to paint others into a box to discredit them, either your views stand on their own without the whataboutisms, or they don’t.

10. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    We need as many laborers as the demand suggests. Labor is a commodity, and if there's a demand for cheap labor, why not let supply meet demand regardless of country of origin or color of skin? I know your, xenophobic answer, so don't bother.

And your happy to give away OUR country to an authoritarian who wipes his ass with the Constitution as you cheer, "Lock him up!" about anyone who still cares about our laws and sacred institutions. If we continue down your preferred path, my family and I will be long gone before 30 years. And you can have your, "utopia," which will act and look a lot more like the third world countries you despise. Only whiter.

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    You realize that 3 million fewer Americans selected trump, and while the Senate is currently in Republican control they represent 12 million fewer Americans than the Democrats (and Independents who caucus with Democrats). So, who is anti-US here? Does empty land in Wyoming count more than Miami? Does land vote?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    It's good to see the 1,100 stand up against Barr, but I don't think it will make any difference. They may not like or approve of the fact that Barr's primary motive seems to help Trump. But Trump knows Barr has his back.

Trump: ‘Life would’ve been a lot easier’ had I picked Barr over Sessions

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. creekgator

creekgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Where were these 1100 people when Loretta Lynch and Bill Clinton had their chance meeting on the tarmac? Or when Eric Holder referred to himself as Obama’s “wingman”..

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. creekgator

creekgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    We are a Republic..not a Democracy.If you don’t like it the amend the Constitution. Having lived in Wyoming I can tell you that ranchers do not like some New York liberal flying a private jet telling them that they cannot build a new barn because it will endanger the environment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We are a Republic. With laws and a Constitution. And an Impeachment clause specifically designed to address corrupt abuses of power and traitorous acts almost exactly those which Trump committed.

The people representing us completely abdicated their responsibilities and oath of office to protect the Constitution and the Republic. They colluded with the corrupt authoritarian that our founding fathers set out to protect us from.

As a result, we have more of those corrupt abuses of power occurring and coming to light as thousands of long serving, patriotic professionals from the DOJ, Military, Intelligence and State Department repeatedly attest to.

We maintain the Republic only if Americans demand it from our leaders. We can't accept the Senate colluding with the POTUS to protect him from accountability for his corrupt abuses of power, and also keep the Republic you correctly allude to.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Correct. But they do like being subsidized by rich New Yorkers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    Under the model set up by the framers, each somewhat large city would be the nucleus of a separate state.

We messed that up by creating mega states like California with dozens of major cities set next to micro states with like Wyoming with no significant population centers. If the West were partitioned like the East, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. No one ever intended for the largest state to outweigh the smallest by 80x. That’s an entirely post-framing invention.

18. creekgator

creekgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    You must be referring to the Democratic Senate failing to convict Clinton

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. creekgator

creekgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    If you take away the cost of maintaining the Interstate highway system and the federal lands your argument doesn’t hold water.Fact is Wyoming is the 5th largest state in land area and the least in population. Let’s just close I-80 and Yellowstone

20. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Don't think that math adds up. Almost all non coastal Western states, even removing the cost of maintaining federal land (which is actually an economic boom to the state's citizens in most cases via subsidized grazing) are big, big donees. The Bundy types don't even want to pay subsidized grazing - they want free public grazing. And water? Even with the old compact, many developed areas would be unlivable but for Uncle Sam's subsidies