Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

BAGMEN

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by bottledigger, Feb 12, 2020.

1. g8rvet

g8rvet Premium Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Bagmen typically are not handled by the coaching staff. They are also not typically boosters. If they are either, those are the rare ones the NCAA will not ignore.

Just read this and you will understand.
    Meet the bag man: 10 rules for paying college playersInsiders have consistently said this is a good article and accurate in many cases.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree in a normal above board market. But if you are driving a new car and appear to have a lot of disposable income while I do not- and we have the same socioeconomic background something will go wrong. Plus, the kid with cash probably has a big mouth.

3. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree. Some are being paid, somehow, some way. We ar egging to beat georgia this year and land a number of 5 stars so we will be guilty as well.

Kidding.

By the way, who funds these delivery guys, the so called bagmen? I would pinch that stack of 100s.

4. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I could be wrong but I would assume as much as these kids play together and around each other that it’s just part of the subculture.

like parcells says the biggest thing in life is Knowing what u are and what u aren’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    True...but lots of "evidence" floating around out there that is actively being ignored. [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I wouldn't bet against it.

7. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    And I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale for the folks that believe in that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    That’s the one I was thinking about

9. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I was serious about beating Georgia. It’s what will be our excuse when doing so lands us a slew of coveted players?

10. The pros know a good investment when they see one. I suspect ref$u's "futures" as long as willllllllllllllllie was there were very low.

11. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Bama "Bagmen" be like....

"You really want to play for Saban.....don't worry, we'll take care of your family."

[​IMG]

And.....
    The South Carolina "Bagmen" be like.....

"Do you really want to play for Muschamp?....He'll have you and your family moving again in no time."

[​IMG]

12. nawlinsgator

Apr 11, 2007
    No excuse. Top 5 star players will get paid if they want to get paid. Someone will pay them to come play. If not us, it will be someone else.
    If we get a 5 star guy who has a reputation of having his hand out, chances are a bagman paid him a visit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    It happens but how it’s coordinated is beyond me. On the other hand, maybe the excessive, multi-thousands of dollar promises or payments are just not as widespread and we seem to need to believe. Who are these multi millionaire financiers that bankroll shadowy characters- if not themselves distributing the money- and have little better to do than manipulate rosters at their beloved institution? I know if I were that wealthy I would not and I sincerely want our staff to win. Now, do I believe there are intimations and innuendo during the process that lets players know they will have enough spending money during their tenure, yes. And do I want our players to get those hand$shakes and envelopes, yes. But I doubt a significant portion of georgia, LSU, and Alabama football players are gifted tens of thousands. Some will disagree and call me naive.

Attached Files:

14. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It doesn’t necessarily have to be that much money. How bout if I pay said players mammas electricity bill while he is in high school. That may mean a lot to the kid knowing it’s been turned off several times before. It’s not always a new car or $250,000.

15. nawlinsgator

Apr 11, 2007
    No prob. It's no one's job to convince anyone of anything here. Just know that all these guys with "handlers" don't have their handler's discussing just "enough spending money."

16. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree. Most players at a school get a little sumthin sumthin.

17. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I would like to know how much the stipend that UF trails in affects recruiting in athlete’s eyes. My guess is somewhere during the recruiting process the difference between schools is illuminated and if it has consequence recruits bring it up. Is there a department that communicates with recruits who have committable offers about costs, the scholarship program, stipends? Probably.

18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Stipends matter would be my opinion and ours is low

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There are just as many paragraphs in this post as UCF has national titles in football!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hurricanes have bagmen and theyre losers. So are fsu. Bigtime losers!

• Funny Funny x 1