Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Back-to-back blown leads leaves UF wanting answers (Alligator)

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gatorjjh, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:48 AM.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Back-to-back blown leads leaves UF wanting answers Alligator
    By Jake Dreilinger, Sports Writer
    The Florida men’s basketball team survived a late push by Arkansas to claim its first conference win. So naturally, Zarzour asked White about his thoughts on the matter.
    White’s first words were simple enough, yet tell the story of the past week for the Gators.
    “Two games in a row where we’re playing with a lead late and didn’t handle it great,” he said.
    UF really didn’t play well down the stretch in its past two contests.
    But what helped the Gators stay in the lead and win against the Razorbacks was its free-throw shooting, something that was missing in the final minutes of the South Carolina game.
    They got the ball to guard KeVaughn Allen, the best all-time free-throw shooter in program history (86.9 percent), who made enough to keep Florida ahead.
    “I’m confident in my ability to take my time and knock them down,” Allen said of his free-throw shooting

• Like Like x 2
  2. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    One thing that has frustrated me is that when USCe or Arky has applied pressure, and we panic a little, that we try to fix it ourselves instead of calling a TO.
    And this is 2nd half situations when we have plenty of TOs available.
    it cost us USCe and it almost cost us Arky. (Thank you Mr. Allen!!)

• Like Like x 2
  3. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Hmmm....
    Reminds me of another past coach.
    Didn't know when to call time outs.

4. gulfgator

gulfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gulf of Mexico
    Yep, I agree, it aggravated me to no end when Sloan would wait until it was too late.
    I'm still POed about the time Chuck the Rifleman Person went off and he never called a T.O. You were talking about Norman, right? ;~

5. iam4uf

iam4uf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Gainesville
    Mostly overlooked in these two games is that we had huge leads over the other teams. In the last game we had everyone driving the ball aggressively. Overcome the end of game panic & we're probably talking about the team showing some growth.