Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

B1G to change the rules to allow OSU in the the B1GCG

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Gatorfred, Dec 3, 2020.

1. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Aside from your childish personal attack on my handle... And I'm sure you attack handles vigorously. Fields should be considered for the Heisman.

I think generally the way to describe your post is attribution by absurdity..

2. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    serious answer.

• Like Like x 2
  3. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Serious intelligence right there. Well done.

4. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    You’re arguing why OSU should be in the playoffs as a Gator fan on a Gator board, with no facts to back up why OSU is one of the 4 best teams in the country and deserves a shot. Let the “come on man” come, you’ve done it to every other post of mine

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    He's stated his case clearly using subjective opinions as fact, false equivalent arguments and ad hominem attacks. Real high brow stuff

• Like Like x 1
  6. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    His argument makes sense if you don’t think about it. I mean the media has had them as one of the best ever since they announced that they were going to play. They were #3 in the power rankings based on hypothetical stats they would put up if they were playing. I’m not talking pre-season, I’m talking 3-4 games into the season for everyone else and they were held higher than teams that were actually playing putting up real numbers on real competition while they were not playing anyone. And it has just carried on from there. They’ve played nobody except 1 winning team that has played either nobody or the B1G version of a dumpster fire. I don’t care if they are the best in the B1G, it’s irrelevant. There’s a best in the PAC12 and Big12 too, none of which are likely to go to the playoffs. Best teams are not defined by a few games. It’s essentially based off of something in similar scale. Like length of the season for example. As an analogy, let’s look at racing. Leading a few laps and then blowing a tire and crashing into the wall doesn’t make you the winner because you think if that tire didn’t blow you’d have won.....the drivers that finish the complete length of the race are the ones that are deserving of glory.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. ofmgator

ofmgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    BIG TEN is a farce! They had to be forced to play by players and their families because the Commissioner and his handlers screwed up royally. Now they're running out of time and having to change their own rules. What an "everyone gets a trophy" moment!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mkfgator

mkfgator All American

Aug 28, 2019
    I can't stand ESPN, Kirk Herbstreit , the dude with the wolverine on his dome who calls the draft and all the other geniuses on ESPN. KH is famous for being WRONG most of the time. He changes his other worldly "predictions" every week bc he's wrong every week. In my opinion, ESPN should show a disclaimer under him every time he speaks: " The opinions expressed by Kirk Herbstreit are his personal biased ones and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of others more scholarly, reflective, unbiased and learned." Now I remember --Mel Kiper. I think he was Henry Ford's last wish before he died. He told his engineers to make a live mannequin who would predict draft choices.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Bear1974

Bear1974 VIP Member VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    St. Augustine, FLA
    What a joke - a complete joke.

So this proves that the Big Choke Conference are a bunch of cheaters period.

You chose as a conference not play football until extremely late.

Now you are attempting to change the rules in order to cheat in order to get a team into a playoff scenario.

Why the hell should the committee allow this to happen. I don't give a damn who Bucknut U is.

Either you play a required amount of games or you don't get into the playoffs period.

Why penalize other teams who have played the required games.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    And, now the Ohio State Michigan game is CANX. If they end up in the CFP final four, it's a farce.

Texas A&M and OSU should pay this weekend. They are both available.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Bear1974

Bear1974 VIP Member VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    St. Augustine, FLA
    GO PLAY THE BEARCATS - ARE YOU TOO CHICKEN TO DO THAT BUCKNUT U.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Kind of funny that arch rival mich bailing could cost osu their spot.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    Don't worry...we will hear the old "eyeball test" as a reason for them to get in.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Normally, I'd agree, but lets face it, maybe it's because of the all-SEC schedule, but do you realize that even if we win Saturday, we've only beat 2 teams this year with winning records? UGA and Mizzou were the only ones. Ole Miss is 4-4 but has a chance to end with a winning record. UGA and TAMU are the only ranked teams we'll have played the entire regular season.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    If we only played 5 games how would you really know who was the best team...?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL

Objection, offering "FACTS" without evidence.... like playing more than 4-5 games. What is their opponents combined win total?

18. bperkins10

bperkins10 GC Legend

May 25, 2007
    Illinois
    I had to laugh at Herbstreit during the game Saturday night. He showed the below replay and was trying to use it as justification for why Fields should be considered for the Heisman. He was saying that because of his hustle and athleticism, among other things, he should be in the running. What was even more funny, he looked like hew was about to cry because he knows Fields doesn't stand a chance.

Two points to make about the play.
    1. It was a block in the back
    2. The guy was going to score without the block

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Let's not forget that the SEC changed the rules earlier to avoid a similar situation this year. So a Florida team tied with uga for losses but with a head to head win and one less game played would win the east. Same for bama.

I believe the rule is that head to head trumps overall games played so long as the team has played more than 2 games
    My point was simple. The SEC changed its rules in anticipation of this very problem. It created a set of rules to determine how many games is enough. .. within 2 of the sec average.

Would you object if the b10 adopted the same rule and by virtue of doing so osu became eligible?