Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

B1G to change the rules to allow OSU in the the B1GCG

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Gatorfred, Dec 3, 2020.

1. partdopy

partdopy All American

Feb 1, 2012
    The CFP will be a farce until all conference champions are included. The real conferences, not the MAC/WAC/AAC/whatever other acronyms they make up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  2. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    TBH, if Florida played in only half the games as anyone else, I’d be ok with not going to the playoffs because me as a rational person would understand that I played half the games as everyone else. Wouldn’t matter that we smashed Kentucky, Vandy, South Carolina, and Arkansas for our 4 games like OSU did.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm abrasive on hypocritical posts.
    So what they weren't going to play. What does that have to do with anything? Are they not playing now?

Oh... So now it's no problem to change the rules IF you have a reason?? What better reason than to have one of the best teams in college football eligible for the playoffs?

It is the same reason the SEC changed the rules to make heads up take precedence (the correct usage of the word). They didn't want bama to get frozen out because it couldn't play a game.

I know logic offends you a lot, so just block me if you don't like it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ok. Sure.

5. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    Just because you think one way doesn’t mean everyone does

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Absolutely correct. And I suspect that if Florida looked like Ohio State this year, you would be one of the very very few on this site saying that the SEC shouldn't modify the rules to allow them into the championship game.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Why play any games? Why not just let them in the playoffs to begin with?

I don't get offended and I dont block posters. Doesnt change that your assertions usually go beyond talking subject matter. That's typical for people who cant argue facts. You keep drawing parallels with the SEC that arent there

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    I’m sorry but I will not base OSU as being one of the 4 best teams in the country on 4 games against 1-4 Nebraska, 1-5 Penn St, 2-4 Rutgers, and their lonely winning opponent 5-1 Indiana which also played a weak schedule to date. That is not a good way to look at who is the best. Now......if they played a complete schedule and won out, then I’d say ok you have a shot at it like everyone else. But when you play a fraction of the teams, the info to base judgement is far behind teams that actually played the season. Where does the number stop? If they played 3 games, or 2 games and dominated, would you still say they are one of the best?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seriously? Parallels that aren't there? The SEC changed its rules in anticipation of a situation where bama would lose out to tamu if they had too many games cancelled.

If you can't see the parallel, I really don't know what to say. Why do you think the rule change was made? Do you think it was made to benefit Florida? Do you think it was because it was *fair*?

So, you can neither understand analogies nor argue facts.

Let me give you a fact. Osu is one of the best teams in the nation. And the big 10 is going to make damn sure they are eligible to be in the playoff. And I don't blame them. The SEC did it. The ACC did it.

The rest is your typical tripe.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    K

11. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Did they play 3 games? Did they play 2? No. The point is simple, they are a very good team and the big 10 is going to do anything necessary to make them eligible for the playoffs.

Maybe they aren't as good as everyone thinks. But most here would be pitching a temper tantrum if the SEC let a preseason top 4 team, if Florida was one of them, not make them playoff because they don't make the champ game.

Who the hell else in the b10 should be there?

And the SEC has already changed its rules. That's ok because.....

12. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It is this quality of response that I expect from you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Triggered

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    By that logic the SEC should have the refs call holding on Alabama and let UF win so the SEC would be guaranteed two slots in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    MaxyGator also feels that Justin fields should be eligible to win the Heisman because we all know he is one of the best players! He should get votes because if you extrapolate his numbers he would clearly be there. Right?!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  16. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    just like this one?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    You’re correct, they’ve only played 4.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And... The issue is whether the big 10 should Make them eligible. Have you watched big ten football? What is the best team in the big ten?

Serious question.

19. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    Where does it say anywhere that the Big 10 NEEDS to be represented?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    who said anything about the big ten needing to be represented? I think you could look at my posts and find nothing about the big ten needing to be represented.

My point is simply that the SEC changed its rules to make sure that TAMU did not get in The championship game over Bama if Bama did not play the same number of games.

Why do you have such a hard time understanding this. It is because of money.

The big ten is going to do the same thiing for OSU.

Seems simple and obvious to me.

• Funny Funny x 1