Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Avengers: Endgame (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by RealGatorFan, Apr 28, 2019.

1. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Thanos was stronger this time because Thor was weaker. Thor was the one that almost beat him the first time and the last 5 years took a huge toll on him whereas this Thanos was just starting on his quest. He was fighting a beaten down Avengers while he was fresh. He also went into the fight knowing he beat them already and it was as he said, "Inevitable".

Oh I had a thought in the shower this morning. Ok, get your jokes in.

Cap's trip to return the stones could be a cool movie by itself but returning the soul stone is special. It took a life to get it in the 1st place so what will Death say when Cap returns it? It took a life to claim it so does that mean returning it brings back life? Like Black Widow? Is this how she could return in a future movie?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    That would definitely be a cool movie. But I don’t think they can bring Black Widow back without depreciating Endgame. They said in the movie that her death cannot be undone. To change course now would be too cheesy, and really, dishonest to the fans as well as the writers and producers who made Endgame.

3. tec68

tec68 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 12, 2010
    Vero Beach
    I’m sure her movie will be her past. It would be very interesting to see how she came to be in SHIELD.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Please forgive my ignorance here. I'm not much of a sci-fi fan and don't follow the complex storylines. I also kind of watched this movie passively (can explain later). My idiotic questions:
    • Why/how did a bunch of people die when Thor killed what's his name at the beginning?
    • Who was the powerful girl that appeared in the final battle scene? Someone mentioned Captain Marvel. Is that who she is? Who is Captain Marvel?
    • What is Michael Douglas's place in this story?
    • Who was the bearded guy in the time travel scene at the end?
    Thanks for your patience. I enjoyed the Spiderman and Ironman movies, but I'm really ignorant when it comes to the whole Marvel thing.

5. I will answer the Michael Douglas question since it’s late and this is the shortest answer haha....he is the father of Ant Man/Scott Lang/Paul Rudd’s love interest Hope aka The Wasp....he invented the time machine that they used....just a scientist/genius type that specialized in quantum physics...

I would answer the last question too but I’m totally drawing a blank on that scene....can you describe him more? The only bearded guy I can think of is Thor but he was in the whole movie, not just the end

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2019
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    #2 yep. That was Captain Marvel. Long story short she was a test pilot. Her test plane was designed by an undercover alien and powered by the space stone (blue). She had to destroy the power source and all the power was absorbed by her, viola, instant super hero. She saved earth in her movie.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. FrankGator627

FrankGator627 VIP Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gator Nation
    I finally went and saw it yesterday.

I thought this movie was disappointing and really did the earlier movies no justice.

I hated that they killed Tony Stark/Iron Man. So cliche and almost expected. It would’ve been better if he survived but was too damaged to continue. Let him go live on the farm with his daughter and wife.

The Hulk character really blossomed in Thor Ragnarok only to be completely ruined in Infinity War and Endgame. He’s also permanently damaged from his snap. I like the Professor Hulk but he didn’t even fight.

Thor was dumb and annoying. I kept waiting for him to snap out of it. I thought when he soaked up the lightning right before taking on Thanos he would revert back but it never happened.

At first Captain America’s storyline seemed a perfect send off. But when you really think about it, it doesn’t make any sense. How did he deliver all the stones and why did he do it by himself? When he returned the Soul Stone what was that like?

Then he just goes back in time and sits around waiting to come visit everyone. You mean to tell me Captain America would marry Agent Carter and they would both allow Hydra to overtake Shield even though he knows about it and could stop it? Nope, not my Captain America that’s been shown the last 10 years.

And then the time travel bit is just a huge cop out. The Avengers now have a time machine so they can literally rewrite all kinds of history and bring back anyone and everyone at any point in time. Once that barrier is breached the writers get lazy and come up with all kinds of plot lines that would otherwise not make sense.

It’s what happened to Flash on CW. Just wait for the ridiculous shit they pull in these movies now.

8. FrankGator627

Apr 3, 2007
    Gator Nation
    And also what happens to the 2014 Thanos timeline? There’s now at least one alternate timeline out there. One in which Thanos and the Children of Thanos disappear sometime in 2014. So Guardians of Galaxy never form. Etc etc.

And then there’s another dumb part...the fact they sent us into 2023 so all the movies in the future will have to be set in the future unless they are prequels or an alternate timeline...

9. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    All basically true. But in the end, we are talking about a story founded upon a comic book. It may pretend to be rocket science, but it ain’t rocket science. This is not fact-based historical fiction. If we cannot leave reality at the door before entering the fantasy world created the MCU, then there’s no possible way to enjoy it.

I pay good money to see these movies. What I do is I put reality aside, put myself in the moment, accept the premises for what it is, and more often than not I enjoy the movie.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. FrankGator627

Apr 3, 2007
    Gator Nation
    I’m fine suspending reality but they had a whole scene about the rules of time travel that aren’t followed when not convenient lol.

That’s just lazy writing and bothers me later when thinking about it.

11. enviroGator

enviroGator Premium Member

Apr 12, 2007
    For those of you complaining about the Hulk, I suggest you google this ...

[​IMG]

Wimpy-super smart hulk is just a step in the evolution to Maestro!

12. enviroGator

enviroGator Premium Member

Apr 12, 2007
    I loved the movie.

Fat Thor surfer dude was awesome. I could really connect with him for some reason. lol.

There were a few "Oh yeah!" moments for me.

Thor getting his hammer back.

Capt being able to wield it followed by Thor saying "I knew it."

Thor going two handed.

Last but not least, Stark saying "I am Ironman" Nice!

As far as time travel movies go, I think they kept it with in reason. But as someone else pointed out, once you crack that possibility out... things can go bad. Sure Stark came up with it, but as Rocket points out, Stark is only a genius on earth. In the cosmos there are certainly creatures way more intelligent than Stark so why didn't they come up with time travel first? Maybe they did, and that is when you need to wrap your head around - the 5th dimension - and an unlimited number of alternate realities.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I totally get how you feel. Sometimes, for whatever reason, you just can’t suspend reality. For me, that happened on The Perfect Storm,which is one of my all-time LEAST favorite movies (along with, ironically, the Sean Connery Avengers, unrelated to the MCU). In The Perfect Storm, the movie starts off with the disclosure, “Based in a true story.” Then, the boat loses all communication with civilization, and the entire movie is based in what happens after the communication was lost ... SPOILERS ... , and after everyone onboard dies!!! As a result, I broke my own cardinal rule of movie-going and absolutely HATED that movie because I felt like I was lied to.

14. FrankGator627

Apr 3, 2007
    Gator Nation
    Captain picking up the hammer was an awesome scene.

I kinda wish Tony/Iron Man just disappeared when he snapped his finger so his last line would be “I am Iron Man” and we get to wonder what happened to him. Kinda like Dark Knight Rises but without explicitly showing us that he does make it. Let the imagination determine the outcome.

I think Spider-Man is going to confirm there’s a MCU multiverse, which will probably just be alternate timelines. Then we’ll find out that Black Widow from Earth 2 has been displaced due to her Earth being destroyed by Thanos and now has taken up the mantle of Black Widow here on Earth Prime.

Loki is probably bouncing through all the different timelines causing trouble. Vision will be back for his TV series coming soon because of some time travel paradox that doesn’t make sense based on the rules created in endgame.

Can you tell I’m sour about some of the storylines from Tv’s Flash and Legends of tomorrow? Lol

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Good trailer but this blew me away.... Peter Parker actor introduces this trailer with his English accent. Who knew?

16. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    So my daughter and I started watching the entire Marvel series, starting with Iron Man, in order. She got interested after seeing Infinity Wars and then Endgame, and before that she had just seen a few of th movies. She wanted to learn more of the backstory and I wanted to spend the time with her.

First, it has been so much fun spending the time with her. She’s a junior in high school and I won’t get this time much longer, and I’m so grateful she is willingly spending the time.

Second, we just finished Age of Ultron, which I remember as being pretty good when it came back. Seeing it again, knowing the end of the series, was so much better. The movie foretells the entire Infinity plot. I had no idea at the time how important it was to the entire series.

Thor, with the uninvited help, foresaw everything. Even the gauntlet. It was very cool.

• Like Like x 2
  17. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Movie is up to $2.6B. Yikes.

B76C2C4A-7158-4280-8803-7936AA5D1747.jpeg