Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Avengers: Endgame (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by RealGatorFan, Apr 28, 2019.

1. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ok, this thread is for the talk about the movie including spoilers. If you haven't watched it yet, leave now!!!

So I'll be 1st...in the next post:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. RealGatorFan

Apr 3, 2007
    So for those that saw the movie, what do you think?

We saw it last night to a packed crowd even though the theater had 34 showings throughout the day. The 1st 30 minutes or so was about how the Avengers were dealing with life after the snap. My wife was pissed that the writers screwed around with 2 of her favorite characters, Star Lord in the Infinity War and now Thor. They turned Thor into Emo Jabba the Hutt and really served no purpose in the movie at all except for comedic relief. Even when he got his hammer back, during the height of the final battle with Thanos, the hammer went to Captain America instead of Thor because he was more worthy of it. There was a time both weapons were in Captain America's hands.

Then the Hulk. What a sad, sad ending. No he didn't die, but the last 2 movies sure felt like he died. In Infinity War, he was coward, and in this one he melded with Banner into a Mr Rogers character. There was no, Hulk Smash, but Hulk let-me-braid-your-hair. The movie centered around Iron Man and Captain America with Thor and the Hulk providing the comedy. Even Ant Man was more serious.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but for those that loved the Hulk and especially Thor (most women), they were disappointed in the movie.

So I haven't yet spoiled the movie, but I will now.

The Back To the Future script was a different take on it. They did explain it and even alluded to the B2tF movie:) I also knew what was needed to get the Soul Stone. The person wanting it must give up something they cherish the most and when HawkEye and Black Widow went together to get it, I knew she was going to die. HawkEye fought with her and tried really hard to take her place but she is a stubborn one. That was a tough scene. I liked her character since she is one of a handful who had no powers at all and no artificial means of enhancement.

I want to go see it again and see if I missed anything but the ending was awesome. Now the theater I was in didn't really like Captain Marvel in it. She seemed over-the-top in her entrance at the end but damn Thanos took on the entire Avengers by himself without the stones and almost won. He really was smarter than the typical villain, I would say the smartest villain of all time. He almost outsmarted the Avengers when he was the one that figured out what they were up to before he started on his quest to get the stones. He was a snap of the finger away from not only doing it again but improving on his "wish" by making the survivors forget there ever was the other half.

I'll leave the rest to you all and I'll chime in, but it's Church time.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I didn’t enjoy fat Thor but it makes living with the wife easier by comparison. Lol.

I was ok with Banner Hulk. Reminded me of Xmens Beast. Prefer smash Hulk though.

Captain Marvel is a little amped up so I get why they had her away and all over the Universe for most of the movie. Still Thanos took her on too.

I enjoyed the clever ending with Stark outsmarting Thanos by removing the stones from the glove while fighting for it. Didn’t see it coming. I usually do.

Thanos is one epic dude. Like every line out of his mouth is epic. Needed a good last line though.

A few dead characters I miss also. Come on, dead Black Widow? Glad spidey is back though. Great character.

Finally the ending ending had some cheese with Cap (which didn’t make timeline sense either) but i did like the flyover view of all the “families” to end. Five stars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    The screen writers did a great job weaving the plot lines into a great story. Overall I really liked it. Some quick thoughts/questions: How did Antman get out of the Quantum Realm? I thought they could have used Other characters from Antman and the Wasp to make that happen. I think they brought Loki back once he escaped with the Tesseract.

I thought Fat Thor was actually funny. I think they had to do that to him to prevent him from having the Superman paradox in the movie and just ending everything with Stormbreaker. I’ll agree that it was a little suspect when Cap could suddenly call in lightening with the hammer but they alluded to him being able to weld it in Age of Ultron.

On one watching, I like how they handled the time travel by saying your present and future are not completely altered by messing with your past. That allowed them some creative liberties in the script.

A bit of the Girl Power stuff was a bit forced, like near the end, but I didn’t think it was over the top like in Star Wars. I thought most of it was well written in.

RDJ’s contract forced them to end his arc in this movie but I think Chris Evans could still come back. I think they left that door open.

5. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

Fat Thor becoming a beer gut having gamer was funny as hell. It was probably one of the funniest super hero movies that wasn't supposed to be lighter/comedic (like Deadpool or Guardians). Good send offs for Tony Stark and Captain America. Centering most of the movie around the survivors and not bringing back the lost heroes until the climactic battle was a good choice IMO, kept the movie relatively focused. It was actually a pretty tight 3 hours lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. g8trdave

g8trdave It's Great to Be a Florida Gator!!! VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lawrenceville, GA
    I liked that they had the kid that Tony befriended when he was hiding out in the funeral flyover scene. Also, it's kind of fun to try to figure out who the next generation are. Hawkeye's daughter? Carol Danver's friend's daughter? Falcon as the new Cap? Maybe Tony's kid friend at the funeral as the new Iron Man?

7. g8trdave

Apr 3, 2007
    Lawrenceville, GA
    i also wish they had the same kind of sendoff for Black Widow as they had for Tony.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. wgbgator

Hawkeye dying would have been a more interesting choice. Instead Black Widow dies so the man can have a happy ending. All she got was like a "where is she?" with some sad looks when everyone got back from their time travel missions. Then she was barely mentioned again (if at all?).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RealGatorFan

Apr 3, 2007
    Good stuff. I think for the guys here we got a kick out of Thor could be Thor but look like one of us. My only issue (I had 2 until I slept through the other one) is how they handled Black Widow. She was an extremely integral Avenger and may have been the best because she is the one that held them together after the Snap. They could have easily did both funerals at the same time. When she died only those that were still alive and in that room knew of her fate. All the others that winked back later would have said "umm where is Natasha?" It wasn't like they held a quiet vigil for her, they didn't have time.

I actually understood the ending with Captain America. We don't know anything of his adventures returning the stones. That could be a movie by itself. Would be funny in spots especially when trying to put back the stone that Quinn was supposed to get 1st. Or how strange returning the soul stone to Death, which is his old nemesis in another life, Red Skull? As for going way back in time to right after he defeated Red Skull and staying with his love, maybe he ran into an issue returning a stone and got stuck in that timeline. Or maybe he figured out how to time theft after he finished his mission to that time and stayed. There is that 70 year gap when he could live as Steve Rogers while Cap is frozen. He would have to do it without anyone knowing about it but it is doable considering the time. With his knowledge of the future, he could live comfortably with his love under a new name.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 1992tel

1992tel RETIRE 91 VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I loved fat Thor. Thor threatening the kid online was hilarious as was him trying to hide from his mom then lying to her about being from the future.

I also agree that they should have done more for Black Widow at the end but, I get it that Iron Man started the whole MCU and he has always been the central character.

Overall I loved the movie. I had purchased tickets for Saturday and Sunday since I didn’t know which day we could go. I had intended on selling the tickets for Sunday but, we liked it so much we saw it again.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I didn't get the part where Captain hands the mantle to Falcon. Falcon got the Shield, but not the potion that made Steve Captain America. Captain was injected with the super-hero potion, which made him indestructible. Tony Stark is now dead, so who will develop and inject Falcon with the potion?

Also, what happened to Gamora? Why didn't she join her "family" at the end, along with Thor? And why were they searching for her? Was she part of the bad-guy Decimation caused by Stark's snap?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I loved Fat Thor. He was so, well ... human. However, Smart Hulk bothered me. He wasn't particularly funny, and he wasn't mean-spirited. Other than looking like a living Shrek, he was rather bland to me.

And with that in mind, the one thing that was not answered (possibly due to bathroom breaks) was, What happened to the Black-Widow and Hulk/Banner romance? They survived the Decimation, so I'd have thought they would have "found each other."

13. 1992tel

Apr 9, 2007
    I know that both Falcon and Bucky were Captain America in the comics at one point but, I don’t know if Sam ever became a super soldier.

I think we’ll have to wait until Guardians 3 to find out about Gamora. Zoe Saldana signed the petition to re hire Gunn I believe so my guess is she’ll be back.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. altalias

altalias GC Hall of Fame

Aug 13, 2008
    In the original time line they beat and killed him easily without the stones. So why was it so much harder during the battle? I mean after Captain Marvel made her entrance of course.

15. 1992tel

Apr 9, 2007
    My guess is because he was so weakened from destroying the stones. Remember he was limping up the stairs before they showed up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. 1992tel

Apr 9, 2007
    My question is how did Cap take the Soul Stone back to Vormir? Did he just climb the mountain and hand it to floating Red Skull death guy?

"Sorry, we don't need this anymore. BTW, can we have Natasha back. Death probably had a sign "No returns, No exchanges.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. tec68

tec68 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 12, 2010
    Vero Beach
    Not to mention he wasn’t fighting back. His lifelong mission was complete and he was satisfied with his accomplishments.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. g8trdave

Apr 3, 2007
    Lawrenceville, GA
    I think because he knew he had served his purpose and he was ready to die.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I think it was Thanos’ motivation and will. After he snapped the Decimation,his lfe’s mission and destiny was complete. In the later fight, he had every reason to fight; everything was on the line. He needed to get the stones and snap the Decimation (part 2, with the newer goal of making everyone surviving to forget the snap).

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. wgbgator

Yeah, when he saw the recording of him being killed he was basically like "cool, that means I won."

• Agree Agree x 2