Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Attn all defensive recruits.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by ddrew91, Sep 24, 2022.

1. g0ggles

g0ggles Senior

Sep 8, 2012
    Norfolk, Virginia
    Utah's made me cuss with his escapability... Levis made good throw with a great catch, Bohannon (see Utah qb)... and hooker made throws, but too many containment & coverage busts. And some uncalled holding.

The Dline has played extremely well, good enough to swing games. We all know the defiencies. Uga, maybe lsu with Daniels have me concerned

2. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Duct tape and chicken wire.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    We're playing for who we will be, not for making this season great. Dean and Burney aren't mentoring the young ones with potential, and they make negative impacts every game. They need to see themselves as what they were 2 years ago and are today: emergency reserve bench players. Scooby, Shemar and Kamari need to be learning on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. funngun28

funngun28 Junior

Jan 5, 2020
    Exactly! Assuming we get the AR from week 1 and this Saturday for the bulk of the year, I’m looking at this season like 2007 (minus the heisman). Let the young guys learn and grow on D so next year we have a possible contender (especially if AR comes back)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. GatorGhost

GatorGhost GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The staff is willing to play young guys, and they're getting a lot of snaps. It's NOT a Mullen stubbornness type deal, we just have to trust the staff's thinking for these decisions.

We're still in a 1st year with low expectations, so maybe it's not worth it, right now, completely benching 90% of your upstanding leaders off the field and in the community. Also, it's not the same throwing in one or two Fr than having all the middle of your D (LB, S) being inexperienced young guys every play. There could also be concerns of hurting their confidence if not ready.

It's not the same as Saban plugging in young guys with his established culture. I don't think this year is a win first year, it's an establish culture, system and show promise year while trying to win. With our depth it should be the same year 2, but we all know that's asking waaay too much patience, even though Billy warned us and most agreed.

6. thegatorvault

thegatorvault Senior

Jan 11, 2015
    100%. This is a rebuild in all aspects. People expecting a 10 win season prior to the first game were all aboard the preseason ‘excitement train’, but hype and hope ain’t a tactic. We have decent players but big holes, some strengths we thought that are weaknesses, and ultimately just don’t have the horses we need….yet. I think CBN will get us where we all want the Gators to be, it will just take time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    And, on the offensive side of the ball. That’s anti-Mullen

8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Next year should have slot of bumps too as I think we will have our share of young guys playing again on defense. It may be year three before we are a formidable defense.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Can we have another BBQ?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    If we could get Walker and Hall.....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    I don't think it is at the level of getting Easley and Floyd in 2010, but not far from it. I think both are underrated.

• Agree Agree x 1