Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Article on how Florida lost beck... and some options..

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by MyakkaGator, Mar 4, 2019.

1. g8rboy

g8rboy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    Is there a DT QB for 2021 that is a better prospect anyway?

2. awells05

awells05 Junior

Apr 23, 2009
    Ft. Pierce, Florida
    I saw quotes this morning on how Beck used UF offer to get an offer from the Dawgs. I havent heard the quote but did read it. To me this becomes a lets move on situation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. gatordee

gatordee GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2007
    orlando
    I saw that also. I can't stand the kid now. Classless act I'm. Even if he did use us, be careful what you say. This may become one of the biggest learning reasons of his life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. gatordee

gatordee GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2007
    orlando
    If he wanted to commit right now I would hope we did not accept him. These personalities usually become problems. Kid is full of himself

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Post of the thread!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    He has "transfer" written all over him. Kinda classless in reality to tell a reporter you're all set to commit to school A, then commit to school B out of literally nowhere. Especially to a school with huge ethical recruiting (?) marks.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida
    Whatever about this Beck kid. All I'm thinking is that it's time for us to start slapping Georgia around again

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Legend

Nov 11, 2014
    Agree. People in the media act like Georgia has man-handled us for decades, despite the fact that they only carry a two game winning streak against us. The fact is, we have beaten them 21 of the last 29 years. And, when Florida last went to back-to-back SEC Championship games, all EVERYONE in the media could say was that the East was bad, so it was no accomplishment. But, as soon as Georgia won the East the next year, the East was all the sudden much better and Georgia was the next coming of Alabama. Let's restore the order this year!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. awells05

awells05 Junior

Apr 23, 2009
    Ft. Pierce, Florida
    I agree and disagree with parts of this. The difference is yes, Georgia has lost, but it was how the games were played. We were not competitive in the games against Alabama. Georgia has given Alabama everything they could handle and has needed game winning drives both years to win. No I am not a person who gives moral victories, however one cannot not be objective and say that those are the same.

I too hope we can restore order however and begin to be competitive against the top echelon of college football again.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Legend

Nov 11, 2014
    What exactly do you dislike about these thoughts, mjolnir? Do you dislike that we have beaten Georgia 21 out of the last 29 games? Do you dislike that we had resounding victories over LSU, Michigan, and FSU last year? Do you dislike that the Gators finished in the Top 10 in recruiting and final ranking? Or do you just dislike the Gators? Please explain yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  11. wingtee

wingtee VIP Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Wrong

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. wingtee

wingtee VIP Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Well played

13. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill Junior

Feb 7, 2018
    I’m always for slappin Georgia around.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. ctcrunchtime

ctcrunchtime Recruit

Jul 12, 2018
    The way Georgia plays fast and loose with their promises and recruiting they may get into trouble sooner ir later.

The only thing that is constant is change.There is hope yet.

• Agree Agree x 1