Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Are Gator fans spoiled?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, Jul 10, 2018.

1. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. T3goalie

T3goalie Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL... more like starving for core competency.

• Agree x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Let's just say that losing is not an option... not one that we can accept, NOT EVER, ON THIS EARTH can we ever think about consider before we take the field...
    We will never be complacent! We play to whip your asss...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 1:35 AM
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Coaches, now though, at least have to earn our spoiled attitude. We aren’t willingly or blindly bestowing it out any longer!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. eggman

eggman Premium Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Not in recent history

• Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  6. gatorcloud

gatorcloud VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, but so are all the other top 50 fan bases in college football.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. g8rvet

g8rvet Premium Member

Feb 2, 2011
    We WERE spoiled. But now our parents both lost their job and yeah, we still live in a great neighborhood, but we had to sell the furniture to keep up appearances. We went from lobster and rib eyes to PB&J (that was TOO easy). But the folks have a new job, we still live in a nice place and they are buying back the furniture to be the happening house again in the neighborhood. Yeah, the folks living in the shacks behind our back fence (UGA and LSU) ate better than we did, but times are gonna change back. And the UGA shack is adding on with all the meth sales, but times will catch up with them, or they will burn it down.

• Funny x 5
    • Creative x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  8. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Yes. I prefer it that way.

9. sandmangator

sandmangator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You darn right.... We are not enablers
    Everybody wants to be the Florida Gators. They just wont
    admit it.
    the Gator nation is bigger, more loyal.
    We don't cheat, we are clean. We have had some real
    idiots make stupid mistakes. Everyone has !!
    There is no way I would be anything else !! 58 years !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Spoiled would mean we're actually enjoying success. We haven't been spoiled (in football), since 2009.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. GatorHighlights

GatorHighlights GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2009
    Spoiled implies you've had a ton of success and still aren't happy.

The definition:
    Have we had "excessive indulgence"? Yes, if you call two losing seasons in 5 years excessive indulgence, I guess.

Outsiders might look at 2015 and 2016 like , "Well, you weren't a good team so you were lucky to have won as much as you did", mention the "division titles" but given the talent, every objective measure points to failure over the past few years due by in large to BAD F'ING COACHING. Followed by even WORSE coaching.

So, no - we're not spoiled - we're tired of being more mediocre than average and wasting talent.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Wow those 4 wins last year must seem extremely underrated for someone to think of us as spoiled. I used to think 4 wins was a Needs Improvement situation and fast. Apparently now that's a good thing and we should feel spoiled. It's like 4 wins is the new 10 win season and that makes you spoiled and should feel privileged about it. Once again I find myself so behind the current wave of thinking and have to admit I must be old fashioned.
    Edit: I finally opened the link and saw it was a Dooley article and realized he was once again just spewing out another summertime article that means absolutely nothing like most of the other things he spews about.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Muschamp. His offensive coordinator of the week. MacElwain. Nuss. Nord. That would spoil any fan base. Sadly, we were the fans who ended up spoiled by these great coaching names and the results they produced. Dooley’s columns should be posted on Too Hot where we will give his opinions the treatment they deserve.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    If mad as Hell over poor coaching is spoiled I’m in

Expectations of our being ourselves in a state with 11 recent National titles and a return to our former selves is normal to me

I want more and not satisfied with former glories to fall back on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    No doubt. And it ain't helping the program. Unfortunately. Now if a bunch got off their wallets and contributed a ton of money to the program to upgrade the facilities to the level of the gumps, that might help. But I don't see that happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    I guess different people have different definitions. To me, it's about expectations and entitlement. If you expect to be in the top ten in recruiting when you've sucked or been mediocre on the field 7 of the last 8 years, then you're spoiled. If you expect great coaches to want to come without paying them exorbitant salaries and giving them full control, your spoiled. But all that probably just means our fanbase (or a portion of it) is delusional and not spoiled come to think of it. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Now this is part of the problem. Entitlement. We need to be hungry and have a chip on our shoulder to get back to the top. Unfortunately, I think most of our players nowadays are more of your mentality.

18. Gil_the_Gator

Gil_the_Gator GC Legend

Sep 9, 2014
    Alligator Underground
    Another snoozer of an article. Dooley gotta earn a paycheck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    If you want to see how spoiled and entitled Gator fans are, go to Awesome Recruiting and read some of the posts over there. Mullen has not coached a single game as our head coach, but already there are a pack of neg heads blasting his recruiting, whining, complaining and generally boo hooing. It makes me want to barf.

The sad part is that the entitled ones are convinced that complaining like that on the internet is their god given right, and that somehow they are helping the program. The fact is, that sort of negativity does nothing but hurt the program, and makes Gator fans look like a bunch of spoiled brats.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Go to the 247 board. 10 times worse there wrt recruiting. Starting to think a bunch of them on there are Gatorhaters masquerading as Gator fans.