Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

AR could go to the NFL according to 1010XL "big if"

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Mikog8tor, Nov 9, 2022.

1. chunks1

chunks1 All American

Jan 2, 2014

2. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    The odds of that throw becoming a pick is 1 in 1000. You absolutely take the 5 yards instead of a few yards of a loss. Field position matters.

He had some awful throws and bad decisions…. That was not one

3. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007
    He threw a 75 yard perfect bomb in that time frame

4. leecounty

leecounty Sophomore

Nov 6, 2022
    No other way to say this, but you are delusional if you think that wasn't a bad decision. 4th down play with the game on the line, and you need to pick up 4-5 yards for a 1st down? Sure. 3rd quarter, on your own 24 yard line, and only down a score? Nope. It would be one thing if he was scrambling and attempted the pass, but my issue is trying to do it with defenders on his back. No matter how you argue it, the pick resulted in 7 pts. How much did the team lose by?

Made up stats notwithstanding, there are three things that can happen on a pass....and two of them aren't good. Just to be curious, what are the odds of a pick if he doesn't attempt that throw? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007
    Are you saying you’d rather have a QB take a sack rather than take a extremely low risk pass? If we are afraid to throw balls because of the fear our WR will juggle it and pop it up to a defender that wasn’t close to the pass…. Then what are we even doing here? We’d never pass

6. leecounty

leecounty Sophomore

Nov 6, 2022
    In what fractured reality is throwing a pass while being tackled by multiple defenders (and falling to the ground) an "extremely low risk pass"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. leecounty

leecounty Sophomore

Nov 6, 2022
    In that scenario, yes.

You are completely ignoring the significance of that play, and instead getting a homer-boner for AR because he tried to make a highlight reel play. Even if he completes the pass, it's a 4 or 5 yard gain...and still 4th down. They still have to punt, and that few yards makes relatively no difference in the field position battle.

Once again, if this is late in the 4th quarter and Florida has to pick up a 1st down, then he has to try and make that play. 3rd quarter on your own side of the field and down 7? Take the sack, punt, and regroup. Let Vandy make the mistakes, not give them a short field.

Think about this. 3rd quarter, plenty of time left, tries to make a heroic play. 4th quarter, game on the line, last play of the game....throws it out of the back of the end zone.

8. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I am probably getting into conversations I am not up-to-speed, but I am reacting to the thread title, and what supposedly is the gist of it. How is any of this an indicator that AR is prepared to move into the NFL ranks? He is a VERY flawed QB.

9. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    I’ll eat whatever crow necessary but I’d be willing to bet large sums of money his mind is already made up. He will be gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007
    The reality is he threw the ball to a spot that only a UF guy could get to it. It’s not his fault the UF player gave it to the other team

11. AR had a good statistical game for the NFL scouts, but it was not a good game for the fans. He acts as if he is doing just enough to get to the NFL draft in a few months.

12. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    100%. In every professional sport (even auto racing) its about churn and burn.

Get them as young as possible, see what they got. If they don't work out, move on to the next one.

Pretty certain that AR goes. I think that's why Rashada flipped. He knows he has a serious shot at starting as a freshman.

• Agree Agree x 1