Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

AR could go to the NFL according to 1010XL "big if"

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Mikog8tor, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Mikog8tor

Mikog8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2010
    So was listening to their broadcast today and the guy who coached him stated that if he plays the way he did against A&M for the remainder of the season he would be leaving for the NFL because he'd be a first rounder.

Interesting take, but I really hope he stays for another season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Stay and play, go to the NFL and enjoy 4th string practice and the bench.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    Been saying this all year. Everyone thought it was a forgone conclusion he stays but I don’t think he’s that happy and you can’t turn down first round money. Hope he stays myself.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    100% agree. If he he has a secure spot he should take it. I'll believe it when I see it. That said, I hope he plays well enough in the stretch to earn the spot because it means we, perhaps, win out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. traubgator

traubgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    All i know is this Stenson Bennet has a very good chance of being on a very small list of QBS who have won back to back national titles. Guys good for what they do, but clearly you don't need a 5 star QB to win consistently. You need a high IQ qb who knows how to run the offense and the offense caters to his strengths.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  6. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    What's he pull for NIL?

What kind of insurance policy is available?

How much does a late first round QB make?

How badly does he want to be a UF hero or legend rather than a footnote?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. shaun10

shaun10 Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    He's not even close to a first round pick. People need to wake up.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He needs to stay one more year in college to get that one on one tutelage as an undisputed QB1, so that he can become his own version of Hendon Hooker, only way better... way more athletic.

In the NFL he will sit... no matter what these talking heads say and think. He will not be starting next year in the NFL as a rookie.

He still doesn't even have one full year as a starter in college football. I think he needs more growth in college.

Having said that, if he decides to leave for the NFL, I will follow him like all the Gator greats in the past. And I wish him well in the NFL if he decides to leave.

But as many people have said before. The NFL is NOT a developmental league. You need to be a polished college QB to get by in the NFL.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Agator88

Agator88 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 7, 2014
    Bennett's greatest attribute is experience and maturity. He is 25 so, you're talking about a guy who's literally 5 years older than someone like Richardson. That's a ton of practice time, and a ton of snaps to learn from. Bennett is only great because of the team around him, remember how bad he's looked the last 3 years playing UF? I think he's thrown 2 interceptions in each game, and two of them they won by 3 of more TDs in spite of his play.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Enjoy 4th string on a first round paycheck and not getting hit. While just learning and working on getting better full-time.

Chase Daniel( Mizzou) 13 yrs in the league, 40 Mil career earnings and has only started 5 games. 8 tds/7 int career
    Bennett will be the next Daniel.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Got to figure NIL will make a difference for guys without a clear cut decision.

I know AR loves being a hometown role model and loves being a Gator. And he's got money in his pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    I hope he does what he hears from GOD, because I know it's a huge decision for himself and his family. I know he will be praying for his answer. He's obviously the hometown hero that is trying to be better every game. Personally I hope he stays so we can watch him be better over what we've seen in his learning the position. Steady consistency. Just hope he does'nt get bit by the injury bug. Two sides of the coin.
    GO GATORS!!!!

13. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I wonder what is his NIL deal.

14. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I’m impressed by the way you tackle the subject without insulting players. For the record, I happen to agree with you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    I’m going to say something and I hope you don’t take offense to it because I’m not trying to offend anyone. But it doesn’t matter what you or I think. Does he look like a first rounder to me?…No. but that doesn’t matter. All that matters is what a NFL GM thinks. If he gets a good report from
    Scouts and declares he will light up the combine and undoubtably a few teams will fall in love with his attributes and that’s all that matters. Our opinions of AR are worthless when it comes to his NFL stock.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    He got the Charger, citation and then traded it for a Camry. And the recent Gatorade deal - unknown amount. Along with Fanatics and Champs Sports, and Outback Steakhouse through its community-focused “TeamMATES” program. He is also a member of Florida NIL. Darren Heitner represents Richardson in sponsorship, endorsement and marketing agreements.

17. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Shane thinks he'll go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator

Sep 15, 2007
    Here's some of it:

Also, the NFL is probably his dream. If he can go 1st Round he should go. Hold a clipboard and learn like most rookies . . . but he would have achieved his dream.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

Well I agree there are worse fates in life. But no matter if we are talking Bennett or Richardson I see neither doing much in the NFL next year other than being a non playing participant.

I hope AR comes back, I think this year is seeing him developing into being, possibly, a pretty good QB at the SEC level for next season at UF.

But if serious tamales get dangeled in front of him he will leave I suppose.

I could care less about Bennett. I don't follow UGA players in the NFL at any position.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. g8torlenny

g8torlenny Junior

Nov 10, 2016
    Stay or go, he’s not ready to me. I have been saying all along he’s a great athlete, he really is, but he’s a mediocre QB. Another season is what he needs but even that might not be enough.