Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

April Job report: 1,000,000+ jobs expected, 266,000 actual

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, May 7, 2021.

1. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Hall of Fame

May 30, 2007
    The free market decides, not the government.

2. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Feel free not to. You are one of the most ill-informed posters here and trying to correct you is tiresome.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. altalias

altalias GC Hall of Fame

Aug 13, 2008
    When Bush was POTUS a strong stock market and low employment was proof that he was working for big business and not the American people. I bet with democrat in charge now its something different.

4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    No, I think with Bush it was that he basically appointed a bunch of industry lobbyists to important positions in govt. More than typical even for a Republican. With Bush that also ended badly with 2 wars and financial collapse.

Trump, despite promising to “Drain the Swamp” had even more lobbyists in his govt than Bush! At the end his “inner circle” in the White House basically boiled down to either his family or to criminals. Lobbyist hacks like Chao and Devos were just there for the corruption, they didn’t sign up for insurrection.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. altalias

altalias GC Hall of Fame

Aug 13, 2008
    See? I was right. Identical results but completely different in theory.

6. tarponbro

tarponbro GC Legend

Feb 10, 2016
    What "skyrocketing inflation" are you talking about?

7. surfn1080

surfn1080 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 26, 2008
    Yet I always give actual data. Have yet to see you ever supply real data or information just like the post here that I responded to...

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yet More Inflation Mummery This Morning – Kevin Drum

he Washington Post reports today that "Recovery’s stumbles leave Americans confronting unfamiliar inflation risk." But if you make it down to the 12th paragraph, you learn this:

To date, the increase in inflation remains modest. Comparing current prices to those one year ago also overstates what’s actually in the economy. During the pandemic’s first months, many prices — including for hotel rooms, airplane tickets and men’s suits — collapsed. So year-over-year comparisons exaggerate the degree of change. Such distortions will become less significant over the remainder of this year.

So inflation is modest, and even at that it's exaggerated, but we're going to run a story about inflation fears anyway. wtf, people?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1