Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

"Apple watch for sale"

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by lacuna, Mar 20, 2019.

1. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    I remember reading a prediction by some technologist 15 or more years ago that one day computers would be more like jewelry. Sounded crazy.

2. jewood592

jewood592 VIP Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Orlando

And that’s the thing that most people like. My phone is part of my job, so I have it all day. The watch would serve no purpose for me, but I don’t blame people for wanting one. Just not my thing.

3. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Can you pump and pay for gas when it's 18 below without taking off your gloves and reaching into your pocket for your wallet or your phone?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  4. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    One other way my daughter will get value from her watch. She's looking at "donating" her eggs to finance a lengthy overseas trip and cover college loan payments while she's gone. There's quite a market for eggs from women of Ashkenazi decent, $8000 to $10,000 a pop. A baby born from a Jewish mother with eggs donated from a gentile is not considered Jewish by rabbinic authorities. I wonder what kind of commission the rabbinate is getting.

Wish that technology was around when we were trying to start a family. I had to take my wife in for ultrasounds to see if she was ovulating so we would know when to administer the infertility drugs, and of course the other "injection." Though it did work like a charm. First ovulation cycle she got the shots, she produced seven eggs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Sounds like a fruitful cottage industry. 7 eggs x $10k per unit sounds like it could be quite profitable depending on the expense involved. Is there a market for swimmers?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Unfortunately not.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. mariejustice54

mariejustice54 Recruit

Apr 26, 2019
    Still available or not? I wanna buy it but on a Reecoupons, they are completely sold out, otherwise, I will buy from there. Please let me know about it.

8. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    You apparently misunderstood the intent of this thread. It was not placed on the forum as an attempt to sell the watch, but rather to generate discussion about how and why people use this watch and other similar ones. If you are looking for a used Apple watch I hope you find what you are looking for, but it won't be found through this site. Good luck.

9. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Love the Apple Watch but will admit it has limited applications. Health tracking is excellent and addictive if you take the time to set up correctly. After that it’s just a novelty.