Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Applaud Georgia??

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by swamp life, May 2, 2024.

1. swamp life

swamp life Senior

Aug 12, 2017
    Jacksonville
  2. savannahgator5220

savannahgator5220 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Savannah Ga.
    Screw both of them.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Equating draft picks to team success isn’t smart. Some of those Noles got overdrafted (cough, too small Verse, cough). They would not have lost by 60 if they all played… I’ll say they lose by 30. Either way they proved they didn’t belong. That schedule ranked in the 80’s had something to do with it too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
  5. swamp life

swamp life Senior

Aug 12, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Florida State's College Football Playoff snub was Georgia's fault, Keon Coleman argues
    One Florida State star blamed Georgia for their bowl season embarrassment.
    [​IMG]BRAD CRAWFORD4 hrs

Former Florida State star Keon Coleman placed blame on Georgia for the Seminoles' College Football Playoff snub last season and says the Orange Bowl debacle that ensued was a result of playing in a meaningless postseason game as an unbeaten conference champion. FSU became the first Power conference champion without a loss to be left out of the final four in the playoff era before a slew of opt-outs and draft decisions led to a 60-point loss to the Bulldogs in the finale.

Coleman received questions about FSU's perceived lack of toughness, but instead said Georgia's toughness should be questioned after its first loss of the season came to Alabama in the SEC Championship Game that put the playoff picture in a state of chaos.

"How many players we had drafted? 10, 11? We're going to see who was better when it comes out in the NFL," Coleman said during an appearance this week on RG III's podcast. "Of course they wanted to play, they mad because they lost (to Alabama). If you would've won, you would've found out who was better between Florida State and Georgia. You would've played us in the matter bowl, the bowl that mattered. We not going to play y'all in the bowl that don't matter. That's a waste of time.
    "If y'all would've won and done what y'all was supposed to do, y'all would've had to see us. We would've been there doing it the whole time. All that barking? We would've put a spear straight though you, cuz. Ain't no barking. The world may never know because they (lost) decided to lose. We should question they toughness again Bama. How y'all keep choking?"

At final count, Florida State suffered more than two-dozen opt-outs for the game, including a couple additional defensive starters who took their pads off ahead of kickoff. FSU's Mike Norvell, this season's winner of the Dodd Trophy Coach of the Year, said before the game many of his players made "tough" decisions and he was grateful for their contributions this year.
    Coleman said FSU would have made the playoff had Georgia beaten Alabama because Texas would not have been voted in.

Georgia coach Kirby Smart said after the game that college football's current bowl system, marred by opt-outs and transfer portal departures, is a major issue that needs to be fixed moving forward. Playing without nearly two-dozen of its two-deep personnel, the Seminoles trailed by 39 points at halftime during the most lopsided bowl game in history."I can say we had our guys and they didn't have their guys, I can listen to all that, but college football has got to decide what they want," Smart said, via Dawgs247. "I know things are changing. Things are going to change next year, but you know what? There's going to still be bowl games outside of those. People got to decide what they want and what they really want to get out of it. It's really unfortunate for those kids on that sideline that had to play in that game that didn't have their full arsenal. It affected the game, 100 percent."

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Their tears are so delicious.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I love factually based, unbiased opinions!:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'd rather not, but I get your drift.

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. hhpgator

hhpgator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Endless excuses....

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I wonder what Uncle Lou would say to that FSU player claiming FSU would have "beat" UGA if they had met in a playoff.

While I don't think UGA would have won by 60, I'm thinking 30 would have been about right.

Sheesh

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Here is the first 3 paragraphs... Guys help me out and finish the rest for ET...

Former Florida State star Keon Coleman placed blame on Georgia for the Seminoles' College Football Playoff snub last season and says the Orange Bowl debacle that ensued was a result of playing in a meaningless postseason game as an unbeaten conference champion. FSU became the first Power conference champion without a loss to be left out of the final four in the playoff era before a slew of opt-outs and draft decisions led to a 60-point loss to the Bulldogs in the finale.

Coleman received questions about FSU's perceived lack of toughness, but instead said Georgia's toughness should be questioned after its first loss of the season came to Alabama in the SEC Championship Game that put the playoff picture in a state of chaos.

"How many players we had drafted? 10, 11? We're going to see who was better when it comes out in the NFL," Coleman said during an appearance this week on RG III's podcast. "Of course they wanted to play, they mad because they lost (to Alabama). If you would've won, you would've found out who was better between Florida State and Georgia. You would've played us in the matter bowl, the bowl that mattered. We not going to play y'all in the bowl that don't matter. That's a waste of time.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Wait- so if GA beat Bama then somehow FSU gets in?
    I don't see that at all.
    IMO FSU stays home no matter what.
    FSU didn't deserve to make the playoff anyway with their lousy schedule, and their QB getting hurt gave the committee an easy excuse.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. g8trdoc

g8trdoc Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He may be the dumbest player in the draft. I sure hope he’s fast! Go bills!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I believe it's likely; or at least a reasonable consideration. If Georgia beats Alabama, that reduces Texas' biggest argument which was "we're the best 1-loss team in the country, and we gave the SEC Champ their only loss." It makes it a clean and easy grab to take 4 undefeated teams from 4 "power" conferences. Alabama leaped SWAC because of their win over Georgia; Texas, by virtue of total schedule and head to head result, almost HAD to jump them as well.

--------------

But this take is the head scratcher:

Mike Norvell said they were going to rise to the occasion. Instead they demonstrated further that losing personnel has an impact on the value of one's team (which was ultimately a big part of why they were left out). If I would have known that SWAC fans were serious about being guaranteed a playoff berth with just a win in the ACC Championship Game, I would have bet money on it. I'm still blown away that anybody was genuinely surprised that SWAC was not selected or thought it was unfair or anything like that.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Although, you can hardly blame him for being angry at having to play in the Orange Bowl, when he could have played in the Matter Bowl.

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That is some of the dumbest logic I've ever read, basically ... "yeah, we lost to Georgia by 60 points, be we are going to prove the Noles were better based on how individual players do on various NFL teams over the next 10 years ... " I mean, are they going the change the score of that game in the records books if the Noles get an extra pro-bowler or two?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta VIP Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville

No way in hell does FSU get in with Jordan Travis out and quite frankly even with Travis playing. The selection committee knows where their bread is buttered. Texas has one GIANT thing that FSU and the ACC dont and it is green...lots of green. That UT money would never be sitting home while someone invited a bunch of nose picking impoverished rednecks from clown town.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. savannahgator5220

savannahgator5220 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Savannah Ga.
    Well I grew up in Savannah and live in retirement just outside of there. If it wasn't for the mutt fans barking and not being intelligent enough to spell dogs it would be a cool place. Still not too bad.

• Like Like x 2