Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Apparently Sunday at 12 women's volleyball is more important than a football game

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Sep 28, 2022.

1. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Is that a channel? Does anybody know if Youtube TV has access to SEC+?
    I also wonder if I can access ESPN+ with Youtube TV. Thanks :)

2. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    If you pay for sec network, you have access to sec+. You access it via the espn app. Some providers give you espn+ with your subscription. I don’t know what your provider offers you.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    And I have seen games on that secondary SEC network channel but usually when a game runs long and the next one starts. They put it on the second SEC channel.

4. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators VIP Member

That suxs

5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Shane was the fifth choice to replace him. The first four took other jobs, got injured, or died.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Don't know off hand, but I'm trying out streaming with Youtube TV (on a cheap Roku TV) before abandoning cable. What's missing is the convenience or ease of use of cable. Like if you want to switch channels real quick on Youtube TV, you can't just go the channel you want, you have to go through a search to find it. Have you found an easier way to go to a channel you want? Maybe I'm missing something.

• Like Like x 1
  7. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Yes .. I think he is tremendous. Also Shane and Tate are great supplements.
    We are lucky to have him .. this guy is a pro! I don’t understand what you are not seeing

8. altalias

altalias GC Hall of Fame

Aug 13, 2008
    He's fine but I don't like change. I was just getting used to not hearing Otis Boggs and they up and changed again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I never got used to it.

10. itsgreat2b

itsgreat2b Freshman

Nov 21, 2017
    ATL
    From YTTV's website, you can customize your guide. So you can put the channels in any order you like.

11. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Hulu is the same. The only bad part is the interface. I believe its because they are paid to promote stuff on screen.

I hate it. Just give me an old fashioned guide and a previous button.

Hulu Live is great. Just hate that part

12. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    The point was that I wasn’t SEEING anything. I could only go by what he was saying and it seemed that there was a lack of explanation of what was going on.

13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I told you all that this ESPN marriage was going to suck for the Gator sports teams... There is nothing about ESPN that I like. they can't even do sports right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    You mean on the home screen on TV, or both? Thanks, I'll try it.

15. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Yea, having access to almost every game in almost every sport is terrible.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    They're coverage sucks... interruptions for major league baseball games, like we college football fans of us care about that crap. All day switching back in for form game to games... stacking college football games so closely that you can't DRV games. Rescheduling games to suit their needs, and not what the conference/teams deserve.

They low definition is nothing close to as good as the other major networks and now they have inexperienced cameraman working games in college baseball show the wrong players in games... during plays. Their baseball coverage really sucks.

Ans with all those channels some teams/games will not even be on cable... have to watch them on an app on your computer. Some even require money or set-up fees. Yeah, ESPiN sucks.

It's too bad that their best people are working for ABC Sports... But even NBC and CBS are better than ESPN in sports coverage.

17. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    I don’t have to watch on a computer, and I love having access to a ton of content that would not be available without the app. Most of our baseball, softball, and a bunch of our basketball would be radio only without it. And shitty football games like east washington used to be radio only as well. At least we can watch them. I’ll be mad when they force us into another pay service to get access to our major sports, but they haven’t done that yet.

If you’re having picture quality issues, that probably has more to do with the device you’re using or your internet.

Most of those inexperienced cameramen for college baseball games are students and those are games that would not otherwise be televised. The networks aren’t making money broadcasting those games, so I wouldn’t bank on them hiring top notch crews. Would you prefer not be able to watch them at all? I’d much rather watch the low budget broadcasts than not be able to watch at all.

Also, abc IS espn.

The talking heads are idiots on every network. I don’t really care too much what any of them have to say.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  18. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    If they did that, they would then have to pick another Gator game to show only on SEC+. SEC+ gets 1 game per year for each SEC team. I would rather have this game on SEC+ than another one down the road.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Good on ya Coco, for trying out the stream. I experienced this too, when moving from cable to Hulu. The navigation is less convenient, but I'll say that I quickly got used to it. As for Youtube TV, the channel +/- buttons work, so you should be able to navigate that way. It also probably has an option for you to choose favorite channels, but I haven't gotten that far with it yet.

20. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    YTTV login works for ESPN app.