Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Anyone see the end of the Egg Bowl?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by defensewinschampionships, Nov 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bposs

bposs GC Hall of Fame

Sep 3, 2010
    Woodstock, GA
    What’d he do with that belt after the miss?

2. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I understand. I was not encouraging over excessive celebrations with my comment. I just think when we (adults fans) vilify these kids for acting like a kid, we should look at ourselves in the mirror before judging. FB is an emotional game. If fans think they care more about the game than the players do, well....
    Anyway, WG this is not directed at you because I know what you are trying to say. There are people that gave me the bacons from my previous comment. As I said, IMHO we us fans can get off the high horse we are sitting on sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Somewhat agree....
    But...when this kid crawls like a dog, then lifts his leg like he's pissing, is totallyt uncalld for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    That was the last game for OM-no bowl and maybe the last game for MSU CJM. He is leaving.

5. Todesrolle

Todesrolle GC Hall of Fame

Oct 23, 2007
    My Island
    The refs have to draw the line somewhere. The best way to avoid crossing that line is to hug your teammates and head to the bench.

...or you could look over at the fans, piss like a dog, and take your chances.

Behaving with dignity and class rarely gets called for a penalty.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    What's really so brutal about it is it's forever. Your school is already derisively called Ole Piss, the game will forever be called the Piss and Miss, and it was against your archrival. 2019, oh yeah, that was the Piss and Miss, wasn't it?

On the bright side, they weren't left pissing into the wind in overtime.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I mentioned that its a lesson learned for him. I just don't agree that we should parade the guy while walking back home getting chastised by fans. That's a little bit much, don't you think? He made a mistake that cost his team the game. His teammate didn't help him by missing the XP. Which is probably a good thing. Because he probably won't realize his mistake if they made the XP. Hopefully, he will learn from it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Not only is it uncalled for, it was pre-planned. That was not just a kid having an instantaneous celebration. That was an idiot that obviously thought about it ahead of time, planned to do it if he scored a touchdown knowing full well it was going to draw a flag, and did it anyway with the game on the line. A stunning lack of intelligence and class on his part. He deserves whatever scorn comes his way.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I was not condoning his actions. He made a mistake. If you think what he did fits the punishment that people at GC are suggesting here, then so be it. Anyway, I'm good. We'll agree to disagree.

10. mcorsair15

mcorsair15 GC Legend

Sep 2, 2018
    Agreed. What sucks for these young men is that the days of shaping these guys are long over. Coaches have to act like their older brother or “cool uncle” to get these kids not only to commit but to stick around. I have no problem with players and coaches having a strong relationship, but if a coach yells at a kid for being an idiot he’s immediately torched in the media (see mcelwain and kelvin taylor). That kid deserves an a$$ chewing but doubt he’ll get it from the coaches. We enable this crap because we’re bowing down to these kids like they’re gods. When will they ever grow up if we can’t teach them right from wrong when they do make mistakes and act cowardly and selfishly?

• Like Like x 2
  11. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Soon to be a question on Jeopardy: I’ll take _____ for $100 Alex.

74ABEEA5-8E8A-46CF-BA5D-C4C08392B8D5.jpeg

12. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Yep, have a great day. Go Gators.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gatorfred

Gatorfred GC Legend

Oct 15, 2012
    You are judging someone on their behavior and that is just not allowed. Mr Moore was born to urinate like a dog in the end zone and that is is his right.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. merinker

merinker All American

May 28, 2019
    Meh, a SEC kicker should be able to make a 35 yard FG straight on. Yeah, the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty makes it a lot more difficult but the kicker still needs to make that. I was actually glad he missed it as I had Ole Miss +3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    As soon as I saw him do it I knew the flag was coming. For purely selfish reasons it came as a relief that the game came to an end so I could get on with my evening....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Ok, maybe its just me, I didn't have a dog in this fight but it was a bit funny. No doubt it was a piss poor act but if you're going to do it make sure your up by 10 points otherwise its just pissing in the wind. This has to piss off the ole piss fans for sure. This act will go down in pisstory.

17. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I thought it was creative and well executed.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. ThomasD89

ThomasD89 All American

Oct 9, 2011
    His form was perfect. It was the timing that was bad.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Celebrating isn't taunting.

Anyone that knows anything about CFB would know that would draw a flag... I can't even fathom him thinking he wouldn't get called for that, but he did it anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    I think the sentiment is correct but might express it differently. First, I would say the kid deserved to be flagged for that conduct and I am almost certain that failing his team mates, who sold out to win the game, will be a strong punishment for him.

I also think fans can boo him during the game. What they should not do is respond to his asinine behavior by being asses, especially to him personally outside the field of play. Fans don't pour their lives into this game and have no right to abuse players verbally - especially off the field - no matter the player. Funny aside - when a judge asked Barkley if he had regrets about chucking a fan who was in his face thru a window - Barkley's response was "Yeah. I wish it was a higher window."

In our society we often see boorish behavior. Then people respond in like fashion to the boorish behavior and a downward spiral forms, with folks yelling about "snowflakes" to anybody who says "behave with class". Kid was wrong. Fans who bring criticism to him outside the field are wrong. It was a freaking game between two teams with losing records, and players learning anything about character is more meaningful than anything else coming out of that pretty poorly executed matchup.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.