Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Anyone know how much we're a player for his services?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by pd_gator, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  2. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Damn, but there's still A chance I hope?

3. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Imo, there's a chance. But I think from what Zack has said, he'll be difficult to pull from the west coast. He says alot of good things about UF but he also says them about Bama, FSU, uga, USC, ucla, etc....I think he'll stay USC. But I've been wrong before!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    Yeah, I mean Heck, the Gators didn't even get Corral from the West Coast after he claimed that he was a Gator no matter who the new head coach would be.

Ohhhh, Wait - apparently Mullen dropped Coral and went after Jones & Fields.

I really do think that until UF becomes like Notre Dame, Bama and now Clemson, it's almost infinitely easier to get distant Recruits either from the North (New York through North Dakota) where the weather is bad, or from more local areas (even Texas is more likely than warm, sunny and dry California [not uncomfortably humid like Florida]).

5. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    I see, at least he's complimentary of everyone.

6. G8tas

G8tas All American

Sep 22, 2008
    If he's a 5 star then we have no chance

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2014

But he did say, "Early Playing Time". BUT it's usually a long shot for these guys to leave the West Coast. Geez, we hardly get them out of TX and LA - Even the IMG Kids. They want Mamma in the stands:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WhattaGator

WhattaGator All Along The Watchtower Moderator VIP Member

Looking at our current FB roster, of course we have a bunch from the southeast ( which IS known to produce, and the "cold states" schools reach down to pick from herre)...

Yeah, we grabbed a few out of state, like GA, AL and MS.... But

We also have a couple from TX, and, NC, PA, IL, NV, MI, and #24, Iverson Clement, from Rancocas Valley High in Mt. Holly, NJ Rancocas Valley has produced football players for years, ESPECIALLY RB's, ( Franco Harriis, for one)

True, we don't have that many from diverse states, but how many did we have when we won our NC's or the ensuing recruiting seasons?