Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Any More Issues/Complaints About White's Recruiting?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by madgator, Oct 3, 2018.

1. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    There are some snake-oil salesmen out there that can dazzle and sign 5-stars right from the start. Not gonna name names--that just wouldn't be right--but a partial spelling of one would be Jo_n Cal_pari. Mike isn't like that; he took years building a relationship with Scottie Lewis. Now the long-term relationship-building is starting to pay off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    I know Cal’s rep preceded himself, but I think there are worse offenders in the conference. I hope they get washed out in all of this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I probably wouldn't complain because I wouldn't be watching. But I don't think that's his style so I'm not too concerned. A few one and dones sprinkled in if it fits is fine with me.

Not to mention the NBA is probably throwing the whole one and done system in the trash next chance they get.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Joan Calm-Pari?

5. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    My only desire going forward is he sign - and develop - center/power forward players. He has some on the roster. Time to show they are going to be a key moving forward. If not then we may be a 4-guard, stretch 4 kind of team. I don't think we win a NC with that kind of makeup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator Premium Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Villanova just did it.

7. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Agree.

I’m cautuous about making the comparison but similar skill set between stokes and spellman.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I know he hasnt beaten fsu, and that is my only complaint w/ Mike. Beat fsu too, in addition all that he has done.

UF basketball is close to being an accepted basketball powerhouse, not just an occasional (once every 5-7 yr) contender for Final 4.

fsu on the other hand has been to one F4 in all time....and subsequently went on probation (sounds like football!) for buying players (the Otto Petty scandal). They went close to 50 yr ago and lost to UCLA.

This year he has the tools in place, except for a known reliable PG in pressure games.

9. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Darn it! You figured it out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    He definitely has stepped up his recruiting which was my biggest concern about White. He also went out and got an assistant that has a reputation for recruiting and developing bigs, which was another area of need in my opinion. He's got the program moving in the right direction. I expect that the recruiting of bigs will improve going forward as well. Getting Payne, a four star, is just cracking the door of what we can expect in the seasons to come. Now I want to see more fire from him during times in games that our team needs motivated and working the officials more. I expect that will come as well in time.

• Like Like x 1