Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Any chance with divaad Wilson?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by DaScoop, Jul 20, 2020.

1. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Even with injuries. UF sould nevah, evah, lose to GA Southern. I don't care if UF only had 60 players suited up in that game. GA Southern didn't even attempt to throw a pass. That was a pathetic showing from a team coached by supposedly a very good defensive minded HC.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

^This

3. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Zook beat Vandy with walk on LB. Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lizardbreath

lizardbreath All American

Aug 30, 2017
    I know you're right, but losing to GS without them having to complete a single pass is still galling beyond words. I guess some bruises never completely fade away.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    Oh no doubt. Completely agree. I just can't ignore the fact that we were down to skyler mornighweg at qb and lost 10 total to season ending injuries not to speak of injuries that took players out for a game here and there. It was an option offense which can give even healtht teams fits. Is what it is. I pretty much buried most of the decade from memory anyway.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    GA SO had a rash of injuries as well. TOG had lost his team by the time he lost to Vandy. Injuries were a problem but many of his team’s injuries came from the ones going against the ones thru the season in practice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I liked Muschamp. I really wanted him to do well. He just wasn't ready to be an HC of a big time program. People here gives champ props for being a good recruiter and give him excuses for mismanagement of his teams. Does anybody really think UF would lose to GA Southern if OBC or CDM was coaching the 2013 team? Don't think so. On the other hand, CDM often get criticized for his inability to recruit. Then you look at the 3* players that were left over from the previous staff and other players he actually recruited, most are contributing to the team's success. Is it luck? Or maybe this staff is much better in developing players. I pick the latter. I don't want to hijack this thread, so I am thinking the coaches really want Wilson because they think he will be a good fit with the team.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ooogabooga

ooogabooga Recruit

May 10, 2019

9. ooogabooga

ooogabooga Recruit

May 10, 2019
    Thread Hijacked... We don't care why you can't sleep at night. Or why you have a Muscramp poster over your bed(with or without darts thrown at it)... This is about Divaad Wilson and whether he can contribute to this team and whether he is a possibility to join this team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

What’s this “we” shit? Welcome to the board scooter.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I don't think he read any of the previous comments. Or, he might be one those who creates a new account just to say that.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    I dont care if we lose our entire roster and are forced to play with just a kicker and the never ending redshirt carcass of Andre Debose...no way...no way...should the Gators be a 4 win team in any year...PERIOD!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Nothing more to report on him atm.

14. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I heard it reported beginning of the week that Wilson had in fact been in touch in some way with the uf staff so there’s that

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Zook had a championship caliber QB lol. Maybe muschamp did as well but we all know how that turned out

• Like Like x 1
  16. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I seem to remember losing over 30 to season-ending injuries that year. Not starters, but, players. It was like two-a-week all season. We heard, "I really feel bad for ____, but, he will be out for the season" from Muschamp every week.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Yes sir, I definitely think this could happen especially with us possibly not getting Jason Marshall.

18. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    I really thought this would be settled one way or the other by now. I have a hunch he will be a Gator but not a sure thing for sure.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Must be waiting on some HS kids to announce. If we miss, perhaps he comes our way??

20. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Still feeling like he will be a Gator.