Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, you may notice glitches here and there. We are upgrading our servers shortly, please pardon the dust and hang in there. : ) Thanks for your patience.

Any chance with divaad Wilson?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by DaScoop, Jul 20, 2020.

1. username

username All American

Aug 17, 2017
    And yet my statement is still true?

2. username

username All American

Aug 17, 2017
    I agree. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a lot of room to improve though. His long ball could improve, he sometimes stare down receivers, and his ball control in the first half of the year sucked, but he definitely improved on that. He was the best QB we’ve had in a long time for sure but I still expect improvement, and that’s kind of a testament to Mullen more than a knock on Trask

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    I actually thought that last year was Kirby's critical year because his first huge recruiting class would be in their 3rd year before going high in the draft with a veteran QB ready to go in the draft, veteran five star OL that could have been the best in the country, and great RB and an extremely talented defense. The only thing he could do is throw his players under the bus, especially the WR, and say it was them, not him that was the problem with not making the playoffs. I would think this is more of a re-build year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Wasn't it the USCe game where he did that in down talking his WR's?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    Yes, he did. Rookie move, despite not being a rookie.

6. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    The context is way off. Its more of an opinion which doesn't take into account any of the team aspects, but yes, we'd all like it to be true.

7. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    The OL certainly would have changed the dynamic of the Georgia game given our inability to convert short 3rd and 4th downs but other than a few play calls against LSU in the 3rd I would say we could have won a natty last year with trask and a more balanced defense.

Frustrating that all of those great defenses under Mac/champ were championship level with just an average offense. Now we had functional offense with a defense that couldn't get off the field

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    This despite Will Muschamp doing everything possible to try and coach his team to a loss at the end of that game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Didn't know you're a jags fan. I missed going to the games at Alltell stadium, but not the losing part. Lol

10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Bridgewater looked good last year, he better stay right.

11. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    They broke my heart too much, pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. I couldn't go to games anymore for that. Not that I have the time to invest in it on Sundays anyhow.

12. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Sounds like Zook and Muschamp

13. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I couldn't go to the jags game after we moved to St. Pete. It turned out good for me anyway since people start calling my jags the Jacksonville "Tw-ins" (in reference to "Two-wins" every season).:( However, the team here in Tampa isn’t any better. I was disgusted when they drafted mr. Crab legs.

14. Jayhovah

Jayhovah GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2007
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Joaqui

Joaqui Junior

Jul 17, 2016
  16. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I almost forgot about that South Carolina/Georgia game. It was a master class on how to focus all your opportunities on sheer luck and win outcomes at a rate much lower than random chance.

Kirby was an established coach, playing at home, and the entire team looked lost and bewildered. The only reason they didn't lose the game in 60 minutes is because Muschamp, almost inexplicably, strangled the enthusiasm out of his team in the last ten minutes of regulation. He drained the fight from them.

Watching both coaches at the end there was infuriating. They played like every new play would be the one Sports Center would loop for 8 hours -- the kind of incompetent voyeurism you'd expect to see from a patsy, in over their heads, and not millionaire head coaches with years of SEC experience. Two hicks staring at a broken washing machine.

Not only is Kirby a bad football coach, he'd run though a crowd of children if he were on fire. He gets scared. He does stupid things when he's scared

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    They definitely still want him. My stance remains the same. Very good chance here. With regards to your last comment. He’d be an immediate contributor if was granted waiver.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Divaad Wilson was built to play Grantham’s Star position. He’s now around 200 pounds, covers well and can tackle. If he’s clean and is a team player I’d take the chance of getting him eligible for ‘20. I don’t see many freshmen with his credentials. It would only be right to beat Kirby with two of his castoffs starting against him.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    I should have also added very talented. Very different when you can get a transfer from a top 5 program that started or played AND has possibly 3 years of eligibility left. This is an easy one. Makes us better immediately. Can play the star and has a couple of years of strength development and solid coaching. Better than a 4 star pick up as he will definitely be able to play as most freshman require time to learn and develop.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. username

username All American

Aug 17, 2017
    I read an article that said the same thing. We only take him if he fits our star position, which he definitely should. We don’t need him as an outside corner, only star.