Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Antonio Callaway: "I Could Have Made a Big Difference"

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by mulegator, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GatorBowl1969

GatorBowl1969 Freshman

Jul 4, 2011
    And past behavior is a good indicator of future behavior. It's behavioral science, look it up. Sorry. AC seems to be getting a bit of a pass by some here simply because he was a Gator and can ball. This guy by his selfish disregard for the good of his teammates and his University contributed mightily to the dismal season we all witnessed and negative image cast on UF. I do not wish him ill, but as far as I am concerned he has dishonored himself and his legacy as a Gator and what he does in the future holds little interest for me.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    Does the brain have to be fully developed to make good decisions?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I know people often like to give people excuses but at 18,you are a man. Can still make dumb choices but a man you are nonetheless.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    The sooner the better, what does that have to do with anything. He is a child, children make dumb mistakes, he paid his price, I wish him the best. You can pray for his failure if that makes you feel any better.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    I would be irritated, but I would t be out a nickel. It happens and he paid his price. I despise violent crimes, this crap is kids being young dumb and full of .....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    Why 18? Most can have children by age 12. How did you arrive at 18? And what does any of that have to do with hoping he does well?

7. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I think the answer is "yes". Or at least it helps.

But if you don't think that's an explanation for adolescent behavior, what do you offer to explain it? Or are you saying adolescents all behave just like forty year olds?

Come on man. Everyone knows that teens and young adults behave differently than fifty year olds.

8. oldgatorman

oldgatorman GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2014
    Am I really reading this? You are contending for the proposition that young men can commit crimes until they reach age 25? Needless to say I do not agree.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. Claygator

Apr 11, 2007
    I didn't say that at all, and no you didn't read that.

What I said was that teenagers, and young adults under the age of 25 do not have fully developed brains and tend to do more stupid things than adults over the age of 30. Some of those stupid things are crimes.

And I have to LOL at anyone that disagrees with that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. staticgator

staticgator Senior

Nov 27, 2016
    Meh the offense sucked when he was balling in 2015 and 2016 and it sucked without him in 2017.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. oldgatorman

oldgatorman GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2014
    The topic of conversation was the commission of crimes, not some academic study of the brain. You were saying that we could be tolerant of the commission of crime because the perpetrators were "young," i.e., under 25. That is nonsense, regardless of what studies you may have read.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator with bulletproof posts! Moderator VIP Member

That is relative. When you hit 40, college kids are....well....kids.
    If you are 30, then maybe its freshman.
    When you are 25 a kid is in middle school...and so it goes.

13. tilly

Link?

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. tilly

If Miami trades Landry. (Which I pray they do not. :mad:) Antonio might be a steal for them on day two.

15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

When I was at UF back in the 70s, before Lillian’s was popular, my buddy and I would go there and drink with the Hogtown locals. One afternoon there, an “old” country boy loudly proclaimed “a man doesn’t know anything till he’s 30”. We laughed about that for years.

He wasn’t too far off the mark. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Claygator

Apr 11, 2007

17. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    He is running from the credit card company wanting their money back.... :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Please call the behavior what it is. It is not adolescent behavior, it is criminal behavior. There are plenty of 10 years old who have more sense. With the reverse logic should we then say that those ten years old are not kids and should be allowed to drink, have sex with adults and go into the armed forces? The law has placed the approximate age of 7-9 years old to be the age of consciousness of guilt to be prosecuted for crimes, and that really is a pretty good rule of thumb. The choice of a much older adult to consciously disregard behavioral norms and commit crimes is not a sign of infantile behavior. Yes, we call that behavior stupid and immature, but that does not make the offender a kid. Those who do it should get all the crap thrown at them that they deserve, not be coddled as though they are poor kids who are misunderstood and misguided. All of the credit card offenders knew what they were doing. Their calculated risk taking did not pay off. The NFL has to do their own risk calculation, and it will not be in the favor of AC.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  19. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    He ruined his chance to go high. Who will take a chance on him high with his checkered past.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

If going high means being high when you go, then he probably will

• Funny Funny x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.