Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Another Transfer from UGA?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bvgator789, Jan 5, 2020.

1. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    My Boys as a fund raising function for their Jr ROTC program at Cedar Shoals HS, would work the booths that sold novelty items at the games...(this was during the Jim Donnan era), and I would help with oversight.....because we had the kids in booths all over the stadium. I found nothing about the stadium that was any worse or better than Florida Field personally. I'll stand by my statement that the campus is beautiful, to each his/her own to that regard. One game ...(it may have been the Tennessee game when Payton was there), I got the kids down on the field after game and we tossed a football around for a bit. I found a roll of wrapping tape on the Tennessee bench, and since there wasn't tight security around at that point, my devious mind went to work and I with the boys help spelled out on one of the sideline benches the following: "GATOR BAIT!" It stayed for a couple weeks before it finally disappeared.......was my own personal way of leaving my mark between the hedges......

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    I moved to Gainesville, GA 10 years ago and I'm dying to get back to Florida. I've had my fill of rednecks to last a lifetime and then some. Now Highlands, NC is nice. I know there are a lot of Gators there or go there. And I try to avoid Atlanta like the plague. Nothing there of interest to me but tons of traffic.

• Like Like x 2
  3. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Well now your big mistake was moving to a redneck chicken processing town in the middle of nowhere.

But yeah, Atlanta traffic SUCKS!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Yeah, it was for a job. But it still beats ATL by a mile cuz of the traffic difference.

5. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    We spent this past Christmas just north of Highlands near Cashiers, awesome hiking in that area

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Yep. We usually go to Cashiers too when we go to Highlands. If the prices would ever come down again up there, I'd like to buy a place. The golf is amazing too. Unfortunately, all the nice courses are private and expensive.

7. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Im not naive obviously which is why I’m willing to call out the whiners.
    Were you suspicious when out of the blue and without a visit Arjei Henderson from Texas committed to us? I never knew him to be on campus before he committed.

There’s only so much you can hide from the law, the IRS, even the NCAA. Moreover, not every georgia player gets paid. You’re driving a scooter while player 5 star x has a new car, new clothes, bling and all the girls... something would come out. More would come out. If it’s only georgia and Bama there would be a union of teams helping to nail them just like the SEC dos UF.

I know there are not 85 kids at Bama, georgia, and Clemson driving fine autos and enjoying untraceable large bank accounts. Some maybe. A few is more likely. If georgia is cheating for the 5 high quality Florida commits they signed and Dan Mullen is just taking it while running a clean program then we deserve it and that goes for the many other schools that are getting their asses kicked by kirby.

On a side note, I took a look at Bama’s DL recruitment past three cycles. They took no less than six per cycle meaning that if all still in school they have a four deep. WTF? I don’t know what Tim Smith is thinking.

Anyone have an idea how much Nike and Oregon are offering? They really whooped the rest of the PAC 12.

8. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Tim Smith is thinking I like $$$$$$$.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Athens is a nice place , quaint. I find the swamp to be 1 of the 5-6 most unique and recognizable stadiums probably in all of sports. Dooley field doesn’t come close to bhg in that sense , jmo

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    You're right. I believe they won 3 (maybe 2) SEC titles in the past 38 years and 0 NT.

11. BrianUF5220

BrianUF5220 Senior

Feb 2, 2015
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    This is about 60 years ago now, but in the late 50s, my father was a very highly rated QB from Atlanta. After every game his Senior year, there was some guy in a Red GA hat that would always come up and shake his hand and say Go Dawgs. There would always be a $20 bill in it. I know this has no relation to what goes on today, but I thought I would share.

He went to GA Tech by the way.

So I know GA cheats.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Factoring in inflation there must be at least several C notes instead of a single Jackson

13. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    No doubt recruiting is dirty. To beat cheaters you have to cheat. I've said this numerous times here before but after we recieved our near death penalty I do believe we ran as clean a program as possible at least for a long while. Even then though fringe benefits happened.

But how people can look at how Bama has changed the game and act like it was all through magnetic personalities is incredible. Bama didn't have the facilities or recent success to justify their recruiting onslaught that followed the shula years. A savvy win at all cost coach/program knows they need the Jessies and Joes and will do anything to make that happen. Saban has skirted the edge of the rules at nearly every turn publicly, I can only imagine what his regime does in private.

Some schools have been proven to have either institutionalized cheating or willful loss of control of their program.

The extra bennys will always happen. The oversigning, family jobs and houses, etc etc are on another level though.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I really think UF's compliance department is much stricter than others. I remember coach Spurrier complaining to Jamie Mccloskey about how much harder it is to get his recruits through his department than the NCAA.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    @Skink on fire[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. GatorKP

GatorKP All American

Jul 30, 2011
    A good friend of mine's father played at Clemson. He knows Danny Ford well. He once asked him what Georgia paid to get Hershel Walker. Danny told him, "I don't know what they paid, but I know what we offered."

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. doctorg8r

doctorg8r Junior

Dec 11, 2018
    I live out here and Phil Knight lavishes athletes with state of the art everything! Who knows how much athletes get paid. They haven't had a baseball team that long, but they have done fairly well, and their basketball team has been making bigger strides of late.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    From what I have been told by some people in the know when Spurrier arrived at UF in December 1989, the first thing he did was have a meeting addressing the boosters.

He gave the the regular speil and such, but he also made it clear that all those UF boosters who liked to break the rules, that there was room for only one ego in this program now... his.

He said any boosters breaking the rules would be dealt with harshly. He would have none of it in his program.

If anyone ran a clean program, it was Spurrier. Its why he was so PO'ed with, and felt so betrayed by the players involved in the Tank Black Scandal.

To this day I have no love loss for Jevon Kearse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. atlmover

atlmover All American

Feb 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Grew up going to the mountains /lake toxaway for the summers.. back then it was all Florida people. Lots of memories in cashiers ( high Hampton, Wade Hampton, mountain top,ECT) and the highlands ( married at the church on the hill in town). It's a miracle I survived driving those mountain roads when I was a teenager!!!

Florida in the winter... mountains of Western North Carolina in the summer is a heck of a combination.

• Winner Winner x 1