Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Another Transfer from UGA?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bvgator789, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Finally. 2 more whiskeys and all is well in the world!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    I think there must be something in the water...or at least the Powerade.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

At least it’s not Gatorade

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    That’s one example. How about the 5 stars we get- paid?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. 1975Gator

1975Gator All American

Jan 5, 2012
    I'm not going to argue with you. I've cited numerous examples and the Nevin Shapiro thing was over a decade involving many players. Other posters have cited other examples. Press on through life with your blinders on. Nothing to see here.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gator_annarbor

gator_annarbor Junior

Nov 9, 2019
    May be some players do get illegal benefits. However, I disagree with the notion (if it is so) that teams have good recruiting classes primarily because of that. Some teams have good recruiters and Uga seems to have emphasized recruiting over coaching abilities and it seems to pay off in February. There is enough evidence in CFB history to know that if you recruit like crazy, invariably you may luck into a NC with decent coaching/QB play. See Bowden and Fisher. Kirby might luck into one as well.

Saban combines recruiting with coaching acumen and the result is a dynasty.
    Spurrier had a mini dynasty when he had dominant player but tailed off some when recruiting slipped.
    The verdict on Smart will come out in the next year or two....All he needs is a top QB and that will push them over the hump like Clemson did with Lawrence.

I think Dan Mullen will realize his full potential (i.e. oversee a football dynasty) if recruiting becomes consistently top 5. I hope that happens.

7. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    But that’s a recipe for a horrible waitress.

8. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Assistant vice pimp of southeast reach arounds and sales support

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    This is the life we’ve chosen

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    It’s raining down my leg

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. lwg8tr

lwg8tr GC Legend

No but when you get 5* players from Texas and Arizona coming to play for your johnny come lately program with a history of player underdevelopment and crapping the bed in important games....walks like a duck, quacks like one... Kirby is Nick Nolte in Blue Chips. Rich Atlanta/Charleston/Savannah boosters are getting it done. I'll bet ANYONE here $100 or a free insider membership that within 18 months Georgia will be on probation. They want to be Alabama but have neither the heart, history or quality of program to be like Bama.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I doubt the ncaa wants to open that can of worms.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 1975Gator

1975Gator All American

Jan 5, 2012
    I can't say that for the present, but in the past absolutely without a doubt. I have first hand knowledge.

14. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    UGA is on thin ice here as they are on the verge of stealing a sports drink name conjured up in tallahasse, namely "Seminole Fluid".

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. doctorg8r

doctorg8r Junior

Dec 11, 2018
    Glad to see someone else realizes the problem with the flea-bitten mutts! Kirby is a defensive guru who can't coach up offensive players. Hmmm, wonder why Chaney left Georgia for Tennessee? UT a better program than Georgia? Hail naw!!! Connect the dots, because there were/are significant issues at Georgia. I'm not an insider with special information; only, common sense indicates something is/was wrong! Since Chaney left, the offense at Georgia has significantly declined. Kirby can coach defense, and he proved that at Bama. He can't coach the offense worth a damn, but he constantly messes with the offense. Chaney didn't like it and left. Don't tell me that Chaney had been the offensive coordinator at UT in the past (although that's true), and that is why he left Georgia for Tennessee. As far as tenure and job security are concerned, Chaney would have been much wiser to stay with the Dawgs! Tennessee was not a promotion or a lateral move, nor did Chaney go to Knoxville because Pruitt is a better coach! Chaney didn't like Kirby interfering with the offense. Tell me you haven't noticed Smart actively coaching both sides of the ball?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    No wonder they had hydration problems.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    Everything you said is probably true, but in a sense Richt had the same sort of issue during his time at UGA as well........Initially Richt serve as the HBC and the OC, and subsequently had some issues with game management that cost UGA dearly because Richt just has too much on his plate......( a late game mismanagement situation on his part against GT, comes immediately to mind), in as far as in game management goes. He subsequently elevated Bobo, and there were many that felt in time his close relationship with Bobo prevented him from making the hard decision to go in a different direction with the OC position..........
    While I believe Smart is great at recruiting, Im begining to see a very similar coaching path to what Richt did during his time at UGA.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Wrong. You think Georgia’s Nevin Shapiro was in Arizona paying Georgia’s most recent 5 star commit? Maybe he settled for a IOU? I long ago conceded there is some cheating but not the magnitude and effectiveness you must want to believe. 5 star recruits have dozens of offers and staff recruiting them. All those that miss would not tolerate extended and obvious cheating by georgia. Those recruits being bought would be asking other staffs what they are offering and more would come of it. My head is not in the sand.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. 1975Gator

1975Gator All American

Jan 5, 2012
    So $180,000, $10,000 many times, $70,000 for a new Tahoe, The cost of a house in Tuscaloosa are not of large enough magnitude for you? It has nothing to do with staffs. I give up. As the saying goes, "you can't fix st........." I'm done.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. integrator

integrator Junior

Jan 25, 2009
    Getting top quarterbacks has not been his problem. What he does with them after he gets them...