Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Another Site Claims Rashada requests NLI release from Florida (Denied By His Father)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by LearnedGator, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatorade

gatorade All American

Oct 21, 2014
    I was an agent for 17 years at the top entertainment company in the world.
    My time did not overlap with NILS but I know how the game is played.
    The schools are involved. Don't care what the "law" says.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Only at Florida can this bs happend . Anytime we think we are getting good news we really don’t. Somehow we step all over our private parts . Sick of this new wave of college athletics

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. gatorade

gatorade All American

Oct 21, 2014
    His father could have released a statement or something 24 hours ago. He choose not to do so.
    By waiting they make everyone crazy and only increase leverage.

4. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    They don’t care about precedents. They slap our coaches with show causes for the dumbest recruiting violations ever and let other teams roll on as normal while they allow their kids to take fake classes and coaches get caught cheating left and right.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Do you know how to piss on one of those pads

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    He keeps messing around he’s gonna leverage his ass to Colorado

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It’s because our private parts are so large

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    They aren’t actually cutting the checks though and they don’t control the bank account or the money flowing in and out of that account. Sure, they’re probably discussing values and who should get what, but at the end of the day, they can’t really make a deal happen. They’re completely dependent on a third party to close the deal and fund it. We’re also not talking about a single entity. There are multiple entities handling these deals. Multiple collectives, and plenty of other individuals and businesses that work these deals out.

9. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Not lately

10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Stomp on it

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Don’t flatter yourself

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. steve

steve Freshman

May 23, 2007
    There is absolutely no doubt in my mind this is a leverage/negotiating tactic, and Florida is in a no-win situation. For some of these kids, its simply a matter of going too the highest bidder. Others, who are truly looking for development, NIL money isn't the only factor. Take the kid from Iowa (OL?), he turned down quite a bit of money to go to Alabama...felt like it was his best chance to develop and potentially (eventually) make an NFL roster. The biggest issue for Florida is as a program, there is no real equalizer to offset the NIL money. The results of the last couple seasons makes it a little more difficult to sell to recruits, or at least be the factor that pushes a recruit off the fence. I just have a hard time believing this kid is on the fence for any other reason than money.

NIL and the transfer portal has changed the sport forever, and I am not quite sure it can be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    With the NIL, everyone has their hand in the cookie jar, the Recruit’s party is also very skittish because it could be their one shot to cash-in in case the kid is a bust in college and the pros

Some of these decisions are made in haste.

I wish I can say I have confidence in our School’s Athletic Department to handle these things better and with tact, but I just don’t. You would think with the amount of scam artists here in FL they can hire someone to advise them and build a strategy to protect our interests in these situations. But I guess all those guys are in South FL, not in Gainesville

15. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    True. Look at Hugh Freeze. He is getting the second chance that Charley Pell never got. Danny Ford did more at Clemson than Pell did and he coached again. Galen Hall was given show cause based on an accusation that was never proven.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    The Rashada family did not cause this. UF did not cause this.

Our AD has not spoken with the Rashada family since his last visit to campus. They did not speak this week or last week. That was a lie put out by one of the recruiting sites. Rashada has not asked for his release. Again, this was a lie put out by one of the recruiting sites.

people should be attacking the sites and people that put out this fake information trying to cause trouble.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually, the results of the last 12 years or so has put us in this position.

We gave up our position after 2009 and we're paying the price now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. gainesvillegreen44

gainesvillegreen44 All American

Nov 5, 2015
    Omnipresent

That was the sentiment 20 years ago. Kids grew up loving schools and had a sense of historical perspective…. By and large the kids at the 4-5 star level have started playing for something different. They don’t even know who Florida is. They are speaking a different language. And why should we blame them? ESPN, pros, schools, coaches…. All got rich…. If Florida wants to play big time ball- they better get their act together. If they want “good kids who live Florida and graduate”- then we go 8-4/7-5. That’s the bottom line. So we have to make decisions as fans what we are ok with. Because I don’t see any in-season threads saying “well, we are 4-6 but our graduate rates are high and the kids stuck around and sang the alma mater”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    Hate to say I told you so, really.

20. always_and_forever_uf

always_and_forever_uf All American

Jun 20, 2022
    Well done, you are right. The landscape has changed. Is successfully navigating it possible without cancerous compromises to our University of Florida? None of us knows at the moment. For sure, it is going to be a daunting and tough ask to do it. Just my thoughts, outside my family, nothing means more to me than The University of Florida, but as an alum who owes everything he has to UF, I DO NOT want to give up our integrity for an NCAA Title. I will take a 7-5 team loaded with Michael Gilmores than a team of mercenaries.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.