Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Another Site Claims Rashada requests NLI release from Florida (Denied By His Father)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by LearnedGator, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toprowgator

toprowgator All American

Jun 24, 2019
    I love reading the posts from the defenders of this garbage we now call college football. Deep down the defenders know it's a crappy product and will eventually fail, yet for reasons of personal nostalgia they will not allow themselves to criticize their once great pastime. Denial at it's worst.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. gatorade

gatorade All American

Oct 21, 2014
    All True. Frustrating thing is that other programs have managed to figure it out.
    Everyone except us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    falling off? it seems we fell off the rebuild is trying to put us back to where we should be

4. WillyGator01

WillyGator01 Senior

Aug 9, 2013
    This is such a fiasco. The AD, head coach, Rashada and his family are all mum. That usually indicates possible legal ramifications.

5. Ofg8r

Ofg8r GC Legend

Dec 11, 2010
    Southern California
    What role do you think the Head Coach played in this farce? Why do you include him in your accusation? For that matter, why the AD?
    Assuming that you do understand the players in the NIL process. Or should I say farce?

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. rump74

rump74 GC Legend

Dec 18, 2009
    Spare it why? Countless principles, functions and phenomena translate from macro to micro and vice versa.

That assumes money is the only thing that has value. Maybe freezing my ass off in Buffalo or melting in NO detracts value. Maybe SF came in $200k below Det but Shanahan is my god and I want to perfect my craft under him. Maybe all 48 of my family members live in Pinellas, TB wants me and that's where I'm playing.

It'd be interesting to see silent bids made and players go up and announce their winning bid.

7. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    It is a disaster and it is frustrating. The only thing I would disagree with you is that others have "figured it out". They may be paying the money and successfully signing these transfers and players. But it still remains to be seen whether the ingredients mix well or not. Paying new players big money and paying your current players less can lead to lots of problems. Still, those teams potentially have better ingredients to work with than our NIL process which is a huge mess and has no upside at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. rump74

rump74 GC Legend

Dec 18, 2009
    I'm just trying to wrap my head around a bulk of recruiting boiling down to crowd funding. Imagine the juggernaut ND will be once 60 million Catholics figure out all they have to do is send in $5 a year!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ofg8r

Ofg8r GC Legend

Dec 11, 2010
    Southern California
    Well said.
    I passed through the UF from '53 to '55 enroute to Navy flight training. I was a true Gator fan from about '49. Multiple family members, including my wife and one daughter, actually graduated UF. My father-in-law was a Bull Gator back in the day. So, I have seen a progression over several decades. I do not like what I see. Now, I follow big-time college sports, including the Gators, more from habit than passion. That habit won't be hard to break if the trend toward big money obeisance on the part of Admin, exacerbated by a gypsy mentality and minor league professionalism on the part of the athletes continues.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. gatorempire

gatorempire GC Legend

Jul 23, 2021
    No, it makes no such assumption. Rather, this is a tool to address a problem, one that pro sports have had for eons.

You can incentivize participating in a draft by doing things like making it a requirement to play spring ball / early enroll. Then other players still have a choice.

11. gatorempire

gatorempire GC Legend

Jul 23, 2021
    Sorry, when you mentioned "mental fragility" I assumed you were talking about fans worrying. They have every right to worry. The assumption that Florida will be back soon feels less and less likely the longer we're unable to pull top 2/3 classes in this conference.

12. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Hall of Fame

Jul 24, 2010
    Does he show up to class today????

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. gatorempire

gatorempire GC Legend

Jul 23, 2021
    Part of me thinks UF sees what's happening and says "that's not us" and feels ok sitting on the sidelines until something changes/improves with the sport.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Why? Technically he doesn't have to enroll untill the start of fall camp.

15. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Its even worse when you take out 14 pre-1936 teams that never won any mythical national championship except in the fever dreams of the college football fanboys that like to make up stuff for people to talk about.

I have no doubt there were some great teams in that era, but no one was doing a real-time football writers poll before 1936 and the mathematical systems didn't start until the mid-1920's. Even after 1936 the polls were terribly flawed due to the inability for most writers to see anything more than regional games (No/limited TV) and the act of publishing the final poll prior to the teams season being completely over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. staticgator

staticgator GC Legend

Nov 27, 2016
    Really only seems it is a disaster for us. All the other historically top teams seem to be adjusting just fine.

17. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    UF is throwing money at our football program and the facilities. UF is not, BECAUSE IT CANNOT, throw money at NIL. UF, considering it’s investment and need for a return in its investment (people showing up to games and buying UF-branded products, cannot afford to sit on the sidelines and watch.

18. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    So many chicken little's. 1500-2000 scholarships going out just in D1 and there is a few players milking the system and fans are whining, it's the end of college football, I'm going to watch soccer!!!!

Who knew there were so many weak kneed college football fans.

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. staticgator

staticgator GC Legend

Nov 27, 2016
    No I understand the frustration. We're farther away from meaningful contention than we have been in over 30 years. But, again, this is an us problem. All the other top schools seem to be navigating just fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Yes, but this is actually narrowing that even further. You could argue, to a ridiculous extent. And while we had regional dominance, we've really never seen this kind of dominance. As we saw in the playoffs, there is even stratification within the Big 6 or whatever we want to call it. So, what we have is an existing flaw in the system that has been put on steroids and there appears to be no way to dial that back in short of the entire system collapsing financially. Maybe that's the answer. Most of the teams opt out of the current system and split off from the 20 or so that will end up becoming the College Premier League. . . but without relegation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.