Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Another Site Claims Rashada requests NLI release from Florida (Denied By His Father)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by LearnedGator, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Li
    And there are a lot of us on the fence as to whether we want UF to get into the mud with these people. Good for Georgia, they're the kings of the worst era in college football. . . . by miles and miles. Funny thing is I've even seen comments in this regard from UGa fans on Facebook.

Yeah, it would be fun to be in the playoffs every year, but I'm not going to lose any sleep if we aren't. I've already written off the sport and have limited myself to just UF. Been trending that way for years but now its official. I used to be the biggest CFB fan in the world. This year I watch less than 30 minutes - COMBINED - of other teams all season, including the last 2 minutes of the semifinal and none of the final.

I'm not alone. At this point, I just want to see the entire thing collapse and burn. Then, maybe, we can build something that makes sense from the ashes.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  2. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Yup, the talking heads are having a field day. Justified or not

3. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Honestly, if I'm going to watch pros, I might as well watch the good ones (NFL) rather than a bunch of overpriced wannabees.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    They should do it the exact same way baseball players have for decades.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    It's going to become the Premier League without promotion/relegation. Big 6 and the 14 dwarfs and nothing short of a Saudi Prince will get you from the latter to the former.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sir percival harvin

sir percival harvin Sophomore

Oct 14, 2017
    Yeah. The only thing that I think can prevent that, or, perhaps a reaction to that occurring, is that the school opts out of professional football player development.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    It's not really about them getting paid, it's about having some semblance of parity. At least the NFL has a draft. When the same 5 teams are going to be getting the best recruits and have the largest collectives, the only way other teams will be able to compete will be through superior coaching and getting the cast offs from the portal.

If the NIL amounts could be standardized so that the kid will get the same money from any school that wants to pay it, then at least the amount of money will be taken off the table for his school of choice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. rump74

rump74 GC Legend

Dec 18, 2009
    A draft removes agency from the individual and gives it to an institution. Is that not a pillar of communisim?
    I'm a fan of the parity the NFL has achieved. Conversely, most of the teams are built so similar that it makes the game kind of boring to me. One thing I've always enjoyed about college ball is it provides a platform where a traditional, smash mouth team goes head to head with an up-tempo, Spread or Air Raid team. It creates labs of innovation and progresses the sport.

Then again, I gave up MLB in the early 2000s when I realized a $200m Yankee team just embarrassed a $40m Royals. I'd been a pretty avid Braves fan for 25 years.

it really has been a fascinating topic to ponder over the last few months....
    -Love for a sport in conflict with love for an economic philosophy
    -Fans basically "GoFunding" salaries for athletes while the direct organizations keep all monies from TV/Bowl Proceeds/ect

I'd like this all better if it was LSU/FSU/UGAs top prospect.....but its UFs and I'm still very interested and excited to see how this all progresses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    It's always been the best teams gets the best players. There has always been a small group of schools that dominate and win it all.
    I posted this already, in 102 years of college football there have been only 38 national champions. That includes years that named 2 or 3 champions for the same year.
    Here is the list. It's the same names over and over.
    https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/college-football-national-championship-history

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. deathroll

deathroll GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    St. Petersburg, FL
    THIS!

11. ThomasD89

ThomasD89 GC Legend

Oct 9, 2011
    It is not communism so much as one business selling a product. None of these schools/teams are competing for revenue so much as they are competing to contain costs.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Well, Leicester City did happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. reaves2alvarez

reaves2alvarez Junior

Nov 29, 2016
    It’s the same with the SEC. They’re six teams that always win it in football. Ala, UT, Ga, LSU, Florida and Aubs. Number 7( whoever that is historically speaking) is not even close to anyone in the top 6(again historically speaking).

There are six traditional powers in the league and not sô coincidentally those top six teams have the most titles across all sports in the SEC with UF being number 1 with 240 total SECs. LSU is second with 111.

“Wes Chandler was Percy Harvin before Percy Harvin was born.”

14. rump74

rump74 GC Legend

Dec 18, 2009
    What's the product?
    Ever heard a coach call his team of players the product they put on the field?

15. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    and yet we continue to pull in good recruits. i think there is a lot of mental fragility being exhibited. the heads will talk, just realize they will move on to something else next week

• Like Like x 2
  16. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    its just easier to climb the ladder without the extra baggage;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    cbn doesnt seem to have a problem with recruits not named rashada

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  18. gatorempire

gatorempire GC Legend

Jul 23, 2021
    Anything that's not a national form of macroeconomics should be spared from such labels. In truth there are very few forms of either in private business operations.

A draft removes agency but when the highest bidder wins 99% of the time the agency is mostly a facade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. gatorempire

gatorempire GC Legend

Jul 23, 2021
    Maybe. But we aren't getting the classes the top of the league is. And we haven't really for some time.

Just picking Rivals, but now we're
    2023: #6 SEC
    2022: #9 SEC
    2021: #5 SEC
    2020: #5 SEC

If you go back 10 years:
    2013: #2 SEC
    2012: #2 SEC
    2011: #5 SEC
    2010: #1 SEC

We're in danger of falling off, if we're being completely honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. ozgatorfan

ozgatorfan Senior

Apr 12, 2007
    The current free for all is a disaster. Salary cap/draft works for the other sports. Somehow integrating the college game into that setup is the future.

popping popcorn.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.