Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Another Site Claims Rashada requests NLI release from Florida (Denied By His Father)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by LearnedGator, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator

Sep 15, 2007
    We're getting very close.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Fixed it for you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. gatorempire

gatorempire GC Legend

Jul 23, 2021
    It's definitely weird how the world of college football fandom has changed. 10-15 years ago you could still get insider info and people paid for it. Then that went away. What you had left was recruiting info. Then ESD killed a lot of that and NIL finished it off. There's not a lot to talk about anymore other than game threads or when something controversial happens.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. ozgatorfan

ozgatorfan Senior

Apr 12, 2007
    I think title IX was good for women’s athletics. An unintended consequence was the affect on sports like wrestling or men’s soccer. If we separate the professional(minor league) football from the colleges, maybe those sports would return. I’m not optimistic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rj_gator

rj_gator Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Let him walk, we don't want him and his me-first attitude. He'd be locker room poison.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Good point. Wait till they create more laws to cover athletes with boobs and junk

8. bigDgator

bigDgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No kidding, and vice versa. You don’t pay your troops more than your generals or you take their authority away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    I've always thought the football scholarships should have been exempt, or at lest part of them, since there's no female equivalent. . . and it pays the bills. But, as usual, politics gets in the way and it is what is. Overall though, a positive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. gainesvillegreen44

gainesvillegreen44 All American

Nov 5, 2015
    Omnipresent

Scott Stricklin ? That you?

11. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Rashada, thanks for nada.

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Gotta let him walk. Tell the prospective recruits the truth, make it all about the team and not the individual, and let the cards fall where they will. Methinks Rashada is going to flame out at the major college level. But not before he collects a couple of paychecks from some eager teams.

This may be an even better gig than a middling but compelling head coach.

14. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I think most accounting studies show that D1 football programs to a large extent are not cash positive. Read a long article last week about it. They require rapidly escalating student fees, mandatory, to stay solvent.

And for the various bro responses here…no answer for you. Title IX was a great thing. I say that as someone directly negatively impacted. I ran the UF wrestling club a few years after the sport was dropped.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I wanted to reply to you and give credit, since I chose your response to reply to, and you aren’t a part of that thinking.

Huzzah to you. I agree, Title IX helped spark a generation of exceptional women. I’m proud of it too. And as someone who led a local Title IX fight against comical inequality, I learned the counter argument fails the logic test.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    I responded to this before and will do so again, even though it may get deleted. But from Josh Pate's podcast, somebody representing NIL money (not the UAA, coaches or administration) gave Rashada a written promise of a certain amount of money if he flipped from Miami. They then reneged after he signed his Letter of Intent. Without them fulfilling their NIL written promise, why should the kid be obligated to show up on campus? To me it's not selfish or " locker room poison" to expect people to honor their written word and to hold them to it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. gatordadx2

gatordadx2 Premium Member

Dec 24, 2017
    I dont think that is accurate the letter retracting the offer was sent on. 12/7 ESD was 12/21 so he knew the offer was cancelled when he sent his LOI

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  18. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Rashada signed his National Letter of Intent with UF.

To not enroll is to not honor his written word.

Right now there is no proof of this “written agreement” between Rashada and a third party. Napier however has a written agreement from Jaden Rashada.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  19. biggynugs

biggynugs All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    So, what is the deal as of now? Is he officially gone? Or is the saga in a state of limbo as of now?

20. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    I say...if Rashada is the future of Florida football then end it now. This game, and yes it is a game that created and built strong men that knew they were given a solid start to life.
    I stay with the game in the hopes of those that believe are still there but these fake "superior" athletes are just that...FAKE. Star them all you want...they have proven nothing ans college and the education provided is much greater than them. All these headlines...give me a break! They are why the game of college football is failing...teenage boys on the hype train will destroy the game. Greed is the winner. The Gators are falling with it.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.