Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Andrew Nembhard's status for Auburn

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by GatorStu1, Jan 17, 2020.

1. GatorStu1

GatorStu1 Senior

May 9, 2015
    I have not seen this posted anywhere, but Chris Harry has tweeted that Andrew has the flu. He did not practice yesterday and will not practice today. When asked about his availability for Saturday, Coach White said our backups will be ready if Andrew can not go. Sorry for bringing such crappy news.

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 VIP Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    Would be crap news, but maybe we can expect a Jordan flu game type performance if he plays...some play surprisingly well when they're sick.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    That’s a major blow!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. gatortenor37

gatortenor37 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    Beat me to that comment!

5. jeffphillips21

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    Good thing is "status in doubt" is not as definitive as "doubtful"...hopefully he's passed the worst part of his flu symptoms and on the mend. Agree it would be a major blow, we need him for this game..and to exact revenge for last year's mugging at the SECT!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area

I think the phenomenon is because there's something freeing about having nothing expected from you.

So, if you're at least minimally physically able to go on the court and you start out playing loose, that sometimes leads to some early success (like you're just practicing) that can get you in "the zone" - as long as you don't physically give out. That's my theory anyway, and I'm sticking to it! :cool:

Hope AN is feeling well by game time, however.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. jareduf

jareduf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bala Cynwyd, PA
    We need him so hopefully he's better by tomorrow. Had the Flu several years ago and Tamiflu if taken at the onset is incredible stuff and you do start feeling better after 2 days, but certainly not playing a high level important basketball game. Hopefully they have even better stuff they can give him.

• Like Like x 3
  8. gottapanda

gottapanda GC Legend

Jul 22, 2008
    Jordan didn’t have the flu. He had food poisoning. Calling it the “flu game” was just so they didn’t have to say he was sh*tting himself. If Andrew really has the flu he needs to be kept away from the team and I would be shocked if he plays. It depends when he came down with it, but if he missed practice today and yesterday I don’t have high hopes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 All American

Jun 8, 2007
    Man down: Man up.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. gottapanda

gottapanda GC Legend

Jul 22, 2008
    This would really be a great time for KJ or KB to step up and dominate. Or for Tre Mann to find his shot. Or for Glover to pass the ball occasionally.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. jeffphillips21

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    Jesus, food poisoning in some ways is even worse...especially if he had the sh*ts...but yeah at least that isn't contagious. I'm sure either way the staff will decide what's best or him and the team, based on a doctor's advice.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. potomacgator

potomacgator All American

Apr 8, 2007
    I thought he might have sick in the Missouri game. He appeared very sluggish in that game. However, he looked sharp against Ole Miss.
    Its puzzling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Maybe the trainers also slip something in the flu medicine...I don’t know, like crystal meth (ha!), that off-sets the flu symptoms and has you playing like gang busters!

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    If you regurgitate your talent it can be more effective because you can use it twice. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    So the flu is going to slow him down?

Hmm, he is pretty slow already. How will we know?

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Why don't all basketball players get a flu vaccine?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    I was told today by someone who works at a hospital that there is a different strain going around than what the original vaccine targeted. They were given the option to take another shot if they so chose to. I've had my shot but it concerns me about this different strain.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. jareduf

jareduf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bala Cynwyd, PA
    When I got the flu a few years ago, I did get the flu shot (as I do every year). I remember saying to the doctor than why the heck should I get the flu shot each year and the Dr. said that I would have gotten a worse case of the flu had I not gotten the flu shot. Not sure the validity of that, but I guess that makes some sense.

19. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Not sure that’s correct, but I know the flu vaccine only covers strains they predict will be active in the coming season. The vaccine never covers 100% of flu strains. Not sure why that is, presumably the main strains “evolve” from year to year and thus can’t be predicted exactly 100%. Not sure this has anything to do with symptoms being “better” or “worse”, just that your vaccine was ineffective against the strain you caught.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Things that mortify me: "Glover to the line for a 1 and 1." Or: "Glover with a ten foot jumper."

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1