Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

And it looks like Trump is axing another IG ...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, May 2, 2020.

1. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    My experience over the last 3+ decades has demonstrated without exception that with a turnover rate like this that it is incompetent management. All the best people my left toe. This is so freaking obvious. See what happens when the less is more and the more is less mentality gets rewarded? Just wait. Seen this movie a time or two before.

"Oh, but my 401k is great, he's a genius".

Umkay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    If you have been following what is going on in Brazil, it appears that both Trump and Bolsonaro are trying to one up each other and earn the title of wanna be dictator of the year.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bolsonaro has some work to do.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The OP link reports that the IG was looking into Pompeo. A dishonest government that covers up its wrongdoing and eliminates dissent. Protected speech faces retaliation and sanction on the guise of the label “deep state” and “draining the swamp.” They are the swamp enabled by Trump’s base. Trump could shoot supporters on Fifth Avenue and the wounded would blame Hilary Clinton.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Kirby

Kirby GC Legend

Sep 14, 2009
    Rocket City
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Trump cans another never trumper obama holdover! Libs heads explode! :emoji_joy:

• Come On Man Come On Man x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Um, "Tell me what I want to hear or I'll find someone who will. Data don't matta, and facts are stupid things if it gets in the way of what I want."

Where have I seen that before Sergeant???

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Play nice... Lol. :D:eek:;)

9. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    You mean bend over and grab the ankles? Lol . MAGA and BOHICA baby! :eek::D

"I knew you'd be surprised" -- FZ

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Words should not effect you so much... ;)

Be well, gatorknights.

11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Corrected it for you.
    Trump cans another never trumper obama holdover inspector general who places his or her role of impartial oversight as IG above loyalty to Donald Trump ! Libs heads explode Trump's sycophantic followers rejoice:)!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    you mean he fired someone else who dared to try and tell him that what his guys was doing was illlegal? No independent oversight will be tolerated by this dictator. Dissent is not an option, only loyalty is important. You would be losing your chit if O had tried to get away with half the stuff that T seems to do with impunity while the once great repub party cowers in the corner

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Romney calls Trump's IG firings "a threat to accountable democracy"

Republican Sen. Mitt Romney on Saturday denounced President Donald Trump's firings of internal government oversight officials, calling it a "threat to accountable democracy."

Romney's comments came in response to Trump's Friday firing of State Department Inspector General Steve Linick -- the latest in a series of dismissals of independent government watchdogs that have come in the wake of the President's acquittal on two articles of impeachment earlier this year.

"The firings of multiple Inspectors General is unprecedented; doing so without good cause chills the independence essential to their purpose. It is a threat to accountable democracy and a fissure in the constitutional balance of power," the Utah Republican tweeted.

Romney is the only Senate Republican who voted to convict Trump of abuse of power earlier this year.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    When peoples' words adversely affect other people's livelihoods and hence their quality of life up to and including their marriages, jobs, credit, roof over their heads, words are pretty FREAKING important. When one has witnessed the financial carnage that guys like CIC create, one can get back with me. I have witnessed it, first hand, and compared notes with my bretheren across the country and they all saw the same thing. That people refuse--and yes I said REFUSE to accept that practically guarantees it will happen again, again and again. Like it has many times before.

But them's just words, y'all know what I really mean. Dale Bozzio says "hello".

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Words mean much more when they have real life consequences and actions that follow them... "If like your healthcare insurance you can keep it..." Tell me how many millions of Americans were kicked off of their healthcare insurance? Millions...

Those are the words that concern me the most.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  16. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I'm one of them that was kicked off when Mrs. GK passed. "Sorry about your loss GK, but you're no longer covered".

I'm also concerned with lies like that we had the greatest economy in the history of the United States that was either a total deliberate lie or a demonstration of blatant incompetence. Both suck.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump did not try to kill our economy for no real reason... Why don't you look into the truth and see which country unleashed this virus and go from there.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  18. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    They went the way of the blue-dog Dems... and dodo birds.

19. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Trump and truth are mutually exclusive terms. It's who they are, it's what they are, it's how they live. I've dealt with hundreds of them as I have said ad nauseum. If I said multiple times daily that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, as annoying as that would be, does that make not make it not a fact?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. domgator

domgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What's behind Obama's sudden attempt to fire the AmeriCorps inspector general?
    Obama Administration Scandals: Inspectors General Systematically Stymied, Ignored | National Review