Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

An Open Letter from Billy Napier

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 4everaGator, Jun 24, 2022.

1. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    • Like Like x 8
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. always_and_forever_uf

always_and_forever_uf Senior

Jun 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Is he addressing the chicken littles?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    So impressed with coach, a bit unfortunate that so many rules have changed creating an exceptionally challenging start for him.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. believer

believer GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2007
    I know many seem to think the administration is content with a top 25 ranking and occasional ny6 bowl, but I don’t think Napier would have come here if he didn’t think he could compete for hardware. He had other options. My only concern is that he gets frustrated with having his hands tied with nil.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. thatguy

thatguy Moderator

Oct 2, 2020
    Tallahassee
    OPEN LETTER: A Message From Head Coach Billy Napier
    By Billy Napier - Head Football Coach
    Friday, June 24, 2022

Gator Nation,

We want to take this opportunity to thank you for the tremendous amount of support you have shown our entire organization, team and our families since our arrival in Gainesville.

We recently had the opportunity to visit various cities across Gator Nation during my first spring speaking tour, and all we can say is that each day we are more and more excited to be part of the University of Florida.

Our fans’ passion is evident and unmatched.

We play in one of the most iconic places in college football: The Swamp. This year’s Orange and Blue Game gave us a small taste of what playing in front of Gator Nation is like, and we can’t wait to get started this fall by hosting Pac-12 champion Utah on Sept. 3 under the lights.

We are working on creating a new future through a journey that emphasizes discipline, toughness, detail, accountability, integrity, and most importantly, teamwork.

Our mission is to make a life-changing impact on our players and for them to experience success in life as a result of their time in our program. We want to promote their education and encourage them to not only get a degree, but to be engaged, network and develop relationships.

As we enter a new era of college football with Name, Image and Likeness, we are fortunate to be at a place that is not only rich in history and tradition on the football field, but is also a top 5 public institution with more than 470,000 living alumni and incredible resources. We believe that NIL will be a strength at the University of Florida.

We also believe in the professional development of our athletes. For that reason, we established the GatorMade program, a holistic player-focused and purpose-driven initiative that seeks to develop Gators beyond the football field by providing them with the necessary skills to succeed in life.

GatorMade provides opportunities in financial literacy, micro-internships, networking, mentorship, agent education, NIL, business weekend trips and even service abroad. We want to have a place where we work toward having a life-changing impact as a person, as a student and as a player. And GatorMade provides the building blocks.

We are also getting ready to move into the new James W. “Bill” Heavener Football Training Center this summer. The state-of-the-art 140,000 square foot standalone facility will be a game-changer as it relates to our day-to-day football operations, sports medicine and rehabilitation, recruiting, dining and recreation to name a few. The $85 million facility will not only make an impact within our program, but it will also benefit all Gators student-athletes.

On the football field, our goal is to play a brand of football that creates a great sense of pride among not only our players and staff, but throughout all of Gator Nation.

One thing we have learned in the past six months is that Gators are resilient and passionate. In all kinds of weather.

I can assure you that no one has higher expectations for what we want to accomplish than me.

This will be a team effort. All of us, no matter what our role is, can make a positive impact in the success of our program. From our students cheering their loudest on Saturdays at The Swamp, to our boosters, alumni and everyday fans: We all must have a championship approach in all that we do.

You are part of this team, and we can’t wait to see you at The Swamp this fall as we embark on the journey to our new future.

Go Gators!

[​IMG]

Billy Napier
    Florida Gators Head Football Coach

OPEN LETTER: A Message From Head Coach Billy Napier - Florida Gators

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. theforevergator

theforevergator Freshman

Nov 15, 2017
    I actually find this letter to be an apology and unnecessary. It's a reaction to losing out on a bunch of recruits in the last week. This is cringe. I hope Napier has what it takes, because we're not really seeing anything tangible yet.

• Come On Man x 9
    • Disagree Bacon! x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  8. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Night game. First game of the season. New regime. New everything: attitude, players, facilities, coaches, assistants, support staff...

Yeah, we need to pack that stadium to beyond capacity and scream till ya bleed- 'SCe blocked kick loud' for the whole game. Gator faithful need to do their part. Winning this game is a must. A good showing close game really doesn't count.

It's great to-be a Florida Gator.

Go Gators.;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He should have addressed this. He could say, "I'm sorry about the recruits we've lost out on. The problem is that other schools are buying them. But don't worry, we'll get the hang of it."

• Funny Funny x 11
  10. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator VIP Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    No. The wallet littles.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    Keep my little wallet out yo mouf!

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. theforevergator

theforevergator Freshman

Nov 15, 2017
    He's openly begging for the boosters to step up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    He says he thinks NIL will be good for the Gators but he doesn't say how. I remember reading that Florida law puts Florida schools at a NIL disadvantage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. theforevergator

theforevergator Freshman

Nov 15, 2017
    Then how is Miami getting Rashada? Their boosters are forking over the money.

15. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I read that Rashada is announcing his choice on Sunday. Maybe some money will fall out of the (orange and) blue sky before then.

• Like Like x 2
  16. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It occurs to me that even with NIL some schools will still be double-dippin, offering an NIL deal and some tax free money UTT.

I will say that part of what I get from that letter is his vision includes much that money can't buy, but with bigger money available might not connect with some top players. If a guy is 5 star and commands big NIL money en route to his first or second round NFL contract, he might not really care about the great development aspects of our program.

I don't know what other staffs are doing or saying but I can imagine it's "we play for championships and we will pay you extremely well." and that's about it. I hope coach reevaluates end of cycle if needed.

Utah is a bad ass little team and they do it with mostly three star types. Lets hope our staff can do the same if that's the hand we are dealt.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's simplistic but if we can run the ball we have a great shot.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. GatorToTheEnd

GatorToTheEnd VIP Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Pensacola, Fl
    Not boosters. One booster. A single con man running a Ponzi scheme already flaunting financial laws enough to get looked at by the not-football SEC and has no issues breaking Florida’s NIL law.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So, do any of you have animosity towards the Kentucky football team or any of their sports teams? You might want to see that game live in Gainesville after I post what some Kentucky A-hole wrote about our head football coach. This clown calls that letter a recruiting apology letter.

Well there is bulletin board material for the Kentucky game... let's find some more from other teams, shall we.?

[​IMG] has to cover his butt before his first game at UF. Florida fans [​IMG]

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-fo...zing-to-gators-fans-for-recruiting/103039609/

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator VIP Member

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    From a fanbase that lost 30 something games in a row to us..lol lol..

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1