Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

An OC starting his very first game as a coordinator...and they get almost 500 yards on offense? Why?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by uf1998, Nov 4, 2023.

1. 31g8r

31g8r GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2013
    Not limited to playmakers our RT is terrible in space as well

2. sjgator

sjgator Sophomore

Dec 20, 2013
    I would take Mullen back in a heartbeat

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL

upload_2023-11-4_22-44-9.gif

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. gbranton

gbranton GC Legend

Sep 3, 2023
    Huntsville, AL
    Beating Missouri by thirty and showing up to the presser dressed as Darth Vader sounds okay right about now.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. novagator

novagator Junior

Jun 20, 2014
    Why is the answer at UF always to recruit better players. We have better players on our roster than every team that we have lost to except for Georgia. Why do teams that have worse players find a way to beat us? I’m not a football expert by any stretch of the imagination but perhaps it’s the coaching.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. sqgator

sqgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007

Main reason why I was particularly pissed about the lopsided loss at Kentucky, we had better players/recruiting than them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Some teams just do things and see what happens, others look for excuses to do nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    I think you are the only one on here that interpreted what I said saying BN should leave. I think he should hand over coordinating the offense to someone now. Sure worked for Arky. I disagree with you and so do several other educated posters. FTR, we know the record. Yes - a good play call has been messed up by execution many times. That happens with every single team. That is also a reflection of coaching. You failed to mention the terrible calls, poor clock and timeout management, going for 2, substitutions - but I’ll stop there, don’t want to pile it on….! If you think he is doing a good job with the offense, I think you are in the minority.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. iam4uf

iam4uf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Gainesville
    UF needs either superior players that can win on sheer athleticism or players that have been in the system and know exactly what to do. We have neither.

The UF administration is not going to give its blessing for a quick fix, high turnover, highly NIL-leveraged system of getting student athletes. That's not the brand they want. So we're left with the old school process of recruiting through building relationships with high schools and the prospects. That takes time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Yep, at some point, gotta corch 'em up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    Name 3 Mullen players that are impact contributors on a team less than 2 years removed from his tenure.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    Our LB recruiting has been dog you know what for years, this is the result. The best pure LB, outside of the injured James, we have had on our roster for the better part of a decade transferred to Mizzou. As others have pointed out, a top 20 recruiting class that doesn't have any LB or OL is worse than a balanced top 50 class, it's painfully obvious every week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    If you would just put up $31 million of your money, you could buy him out of his contract and put us out of our misery.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    he’s transferring at the end of the year and not playing to preserve his redshirt

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gatormagic

gatormagic GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Fayetteville, TN
    Arkansas took advantage of our brilliant Defensive Dunce (DD)…..they ran the QB draw until we made adjustments to take it away (which we never did).

In two weeks, the DD’s brilliant scheming allowed 1,000 yards of opponents offense and soaring scoring that looked like the National Debt ticker.

Our pass rush is non-existent when rushing 3 or 4. Against UGA, it didn’t exist regardless of how many we rushed. Against Arkansas, when we rushed 5 or more, the QB simply looked for an open alley and took off. He had 98 yards of rushing in the SECOND half.

Do we need more talent on defense? Sure, but you gotta dance with who you bring to the party.

The Gators will continue to disappoint as long as they continue to use the same OC, DC and ST coaches.

We’ll see if Napier stands pat with his current hand, or asks the dealer for 3 new cards. Stay tuned….he’ll get to it as soon as their bowl game is complete….LOL!!

• Winner Winner x 3
  17. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    You have overrated our talent . Missouri, FSU, LSU, Tenn, Kentucky, Utah all have a more talented roster. Until we get older it will be that way. Next year’s schedule will get worse. You can add a couple more teams

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    It is time to say it is the coaching. Billy wasted a timeout earlier in the game that would have been critical at game end. When trying to down the ball to kick a short field goal on last play of game, inexplicably the field goal unit ran on the field causing a substitution penalty. The refs could have let Arkansas sub on defense and let thd clock run out before we could spike the ball. Fortunately it was a penalty but the extra yards caused a miss to right of goal post when trying to win game. Would not even have been in that position if we made the extra point. This is the worst special teams play we have ever had. When Arkansas made second half adjustments to have the QB run more we made no defensive adjustments to counter their play calling. We allowed 200 plus yards rushing. Coaching matters.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. 31g8r

31g8r GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2013
    Thanks for all the suppositions you make. You are all hat no cattle. Want to distract from a poorly post or expand the discussion? The post i responded to you wanted to “go get” an OC not “promote or hand off” the duties. Hence my factually correct comment.

The change at arky was simply to let/encourage KJ to run that isnt rocket science. We also wiuld benefit with a more mobile QB.

Our woes are well documented wrt personnel and yes we suffer from bad play at certain positions that set us back despite a correct situational play call. There is no sugar coating poor production at critical positions that handicap production. Will we ever get to a dynamic offense no telling do we need much to get to above average no, we are explosive just not consistent.
    I wont assume any thing from your 2point comment except to say that didn’t happen yesterday.
    Lastly whether im in the minority is irrelevant to the clarity of your initial post and im glad you have company with other “educated” posters.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  20. Mikog8tor

Mikog8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2010
    AR year 1 team, first round NFL pick and starter in the NFL.

• Funny Funny x 1