Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) An Apology from Me and A Cautionary Tale

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by scrappygator, Mar 29, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    A few weeks ago, I made an unkind and degrading remark about a softball player and her boyfriend. It was made under the influence of alcohol, which seemed funny at the time. It was not, and alcohol is no excuse.

Her father rightfully called me out on it. He did it reasonably but wanted me to know they did not appreciate it.

He accepted my apology and said we were good, but I was bummed out about it. I cannot believe I did that, not because he called me out.

I would like to apologize to the player, boyfriend, parents, the UF softball community, and this board.

The softball team and their families are a special group. The ladies work hard and represent the Gators splendidly. The families have spent untold dollars and time as these players grew through the different age groups.

This incident has been extremely embarrassing and makes me question myself. But, since I wrote it, I honestly thank the Dad for approaching me. He did what needed to be done for his family.

The softball community has members who read this board; we must realize that. I have been knowing that and realize it is healthy.

He asked me if I was scrappygator.

I have asked @GatorGrowl to make this not open for replies. The worst thing that can happen is for this to devolve into a negative comment post. That is not for me, but it would protect the board and not make it worse for the softball family.

I can take and deserve the criticism.

Roger
    scrappygator

• Friendly x 6
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.